Tools > Customize hangs LO

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
John Jason Jordan-2 John Jason Jordan-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tools > Customize hangs LO

I have LO 6.3.3.2 on Xubuntu 18.04, up to date, except that I
downloaded it from LO rather than install the version in the Ubuntu
repositories. The display is UHD (3840x2160).

I usually use only Writer, which I have in a window by itself, along
with Formatting and Styles toolbars floating off the window (see
screenshot attached). As you can see the Styles palette is illegible
because the line spacing is inadequate. Interestingly, if I go into
Tools > Options > Personalization and select any theme the text in the
palette immediately rights itself and appears with correct line
spacing. But the second I close the Options window the line spacing
changes back to being illegible.

In an effort to work around this problem I decided to try Tools >
Customize, but when I click on it the entire program hangs. All my
other applications work just fine. I need some ideas. All suggestions
gratefully received!


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

John Jason Jordan-2 John Jason Jordan-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tools > Customize hangs LO

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 17:02:10 -0800
John Jason Jordan <[hidden email]> dijo:

>I have LO 6.3.3.2 on Xubuntu 18.04, up to date, except that I
>downloaded it from LO rather than install the version in the Ubuntu
>repositories. The display is UHD (3840x2160).
>
>I usually use only Writer, which I have in a window by itself, along
>with Formatting and Styles toolbars floating off the window (see
>screenshot attached). As you can see the Styles palette is illegible
>because the line spacing is inadequate. Interestingly, if I go into
>Tools > Options > Personalization and select any theme the text in the
>palette immediately rights itself and appears with correct line
>spacing. But the second I close the Options window the line spacing
>changes back to being illegible.
>
>In an effort to work around this problem I decided to try Tools >
>Customize, but when I click on it the entire program hangs. All my
>other applications work just fine. I need some ideas. All suggestions
>gratefully received!

Sorry, evidently attachments are not permitted here. Maybe I can upload
it somewhere. Any suggestions?

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Heiko Tietze-5 Heiko Tietze-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tools > Customize hangs LO

You can use https://imgur.com/ for images and https://pastebin.com/ for text. Or just file a ticket on our bugtracker and attach the file there.

On 28.12.19 02:07, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 17:02:10 -0800
> John Jason Jordan <[hidden email]> dijo:
>
>> I have LO 6.3.3.2 on Xubuntu 18.04, up to date, except that I
>> downloaded it from LO rather than install the version in the Ubuntu
>> repositories. The display is UHD (3840x2160).
>>
>> I usually use only Writer, which I have in a window by itself, along
>> with Formatting and Styles toolbars floating off the window (see
>> screenshot attached). As you can see the Styles palette is illegible
>> because the line spacing is inadequate. Interestingly, if I go into
>> Tools > Options > Personalization and select any theme the text in the
>> palette immediately rights itself and appears with correct line
>> spacing. But the second I close the Options window the line spacing
>> changes back to being illegible.
>>
>> In an effort to work around this problem I decided to try Tools >
>> Customize, but when I click on it the entire program hangs. All my
>> other applications work just fine. I need some ideas. All suggestions
>> gratefully received!
>
> Sorry, evidently attachments are not permitted here. Maybe I can upload
> it somewhere. Any suggestions?
>

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: [hidden email]
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
John Jason Jordan-2 John Jason Jordan-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tools > Customize hangs LO

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 10:25:42 +0100
Heiko Tietze <[hidden email]> dijo:

>You can use https://imgur.com/ for images and https://pastebin.com/
>for text. Or just file a ticket on our bugtracker and attach the file
>there.

OK, here it is on imgur:

https://imgur.com/YISfwld

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy