Transparency in Write

Gregory Forster Gregory Forster

Transparency in Write

Hi,
I remember many years ago, with LO 3.3, you could import an image, and
adjust its transparency, so that it was like a watermark, showing behind
other text or graphics. Now I'm using 6.1.4.2 and I insert the image, go
to Format, Select Image, Select Properties,then select Transparency -
Nothing happens.  I checked the version 6 documentation and I could not
find anything else.  What's wrong?

Greg

---

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Transparency in Write

Hi,

I am using 6.2.1 and, like you, Format > Image > Properties >
Transparency does nothing to the picture. However, if you go on the
side pane, select the properties and play with the Image (not area)
transparency there, it works fine. Note that Format > Image >
Properties > Transparency brings you to Area Transparency mode (can't
quite figure out what it does) which is also available on the side pane
as the first selection (Image being the second one).

I hope this helps.

Rémy.
Le samedi 13 avril 2019 à 12:37 -0500, Gregory Forster a écrit :

> Hi,
> I remember many years ago, with LO 3.3, you could import an image, and
> adjust its transparency, so that it was like a watermark, showing behind
> other text or graphics. Now I'm using 6.1.4.2 and I insert the image, go
> to Format, Select Image, Select Properties,then select Transparency -
> Nothing happens.  I checked the version 6 documentation and I could not
> find anything else.  What's wrong?
>
> Greg
>
> ---

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Transparency in Write

Right, so just tried this with 6.1.4.2 and it seem that from the dialog box
the transparency setting is being ignored.

On an upside, if instead I use the Transparency setting in the  Sidebar
Image page that is working fine.

BTW also checked 6.2 (Ubuntu) and same thing.
Not sure if there is an existing issue open on that, will look.

Drew

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 1:38 PM Gregory Forster <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I remember many years ago, with LO 3.3, you could import an image, and
> adjust its transparency, so that it was like a watermark, showing behind
> other text or graphics. Now I'm using 6.1.4.2 and I insert the image, go
> to Format, Select Image, Select Properties,then select Transparency -
> Nothing happens.  I checked the version 6 documentation and I could not
> find anything else.  What's wrong?
>
> Greg
>
> ---

j-2 j-2

Re: Transparency in Write

On 4/13/19 5:37 PM, Gregory Forster wrote:
> I remember many years ago, with LO 3.3, you could import an image, and
> adjust its transparency, so that it was like a watermark, showing behind

FWIW, the Security Classification function of LibO can be configured to
provide watermarks. Downside is that it is extremely difficult to either
remove, or change the watermark.

jonathon