Truce

pbw pbw

Truce

I'll never proselytise for top posting if you never proselytise for
bottom-posting.

When I see someone hinting, suggesting, urging or just plain bullying a
top-poster to reform his or her bad habits, I'll buy in. And of course,
you can do the same thing if the shoe is on the other foot.

Can we just let posters do their own thing?

--
Peter West
"For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or

TomD TomD

Re: Truce

Hi :)
+1
I definitely agree with that.  We are supposed to be pro-freedom so it
makes a LOT of sense!  Well said Peter
Many regards from
Tom :)

On 6 February 2014 00:40, Peter West <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll never proselytise for top posting if you never proselytise for
> bottom-posting.
>
> When I see someone hinting, suggesting, urging or just plain bullying a
> top-poster to reform his or her bad habits, I'll buy in. And of course, you
> can do the same thing if the shoe is on the other foot.
>
> Can we just let posters do their own thing?
>
> --
> Peter West
> "For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or
> forfeits himself?"

nabbler nabbler

Re: Truce

On 06/02/2014, Peter West <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I see someone hinting, suggesting, urging or just plain bullying a
> top-poster to reform his or her bad habits, I'll buy in. And of course,
> you can do the same thing if the shoe is on the other foot.

At least we have an admission: it's a poor habit.

> Can we just let posters do their own thing?

Let's drive however we like; rules are un-necessary! ;)

pbw pbw

Re: Truce

What do you do with these guys?  They can't help themselves. Libre? Ha.

On 6/02/2014 9:06 pm, e-letter wrote:

> On 06/02/2014, Peter West <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> When I see someone hinting, suggesting, urging or just plain bullying a
>> top-poster to reform his or her bad habits, I'll buy in. And of course,
>> you can do the same thing if the shoe is on the other foot.
>>

> At least we have an admission: it's a poor habit.
>
>> Can we just let posters do their own thing?
>>

> Let's drive however we like; rules are un-necessary! ;)

--
Peter West
"For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or
forfeits himself?"

TomD TomD

Re: Truce

Hi :)
Rule # 1 is there are no rules
Rule # 2 see rule 1

On 6 February 2014 11:21, Peter West <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What do you do with these guys?  They can't help themselves. Libre? Ha.
>

> On 6/02/2014 9:06 pm, e-letter wrote:
>>
>> On 06/02/2014, Peter West <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> When I see someone hinting, suggesting, urging or just plain bullying a
>>> top-poster to reform his or her bad habits, I'll buy in. And of course,
>>> you can do the same thing if the shoe is on the other foot.
>>>

>> At least we have an admission: it's a poor habit.
>>
>>> Can we just let posters do their own thing?
>>>

>> Let's drive however we like; rules are un-necessary! ;)
>>

> --
> Peter West
> "For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or
> forfeits himself?"

Mark Phillips Mark Phillips

Re: Truce

Let's compromise, and start all posts in the middle of the post.

We will spend so much time trying to follow the thread, that no one will
have time to complain about where the post is written.

Mark
On Feb 6, 2014 11:32 AM, "Tom Davies" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi :)
> Rule # 1 is there are no rules
> Rule # 2 see rule 1
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>

> On 6 February 2014 11:21, Peter West <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > What do you do with these guys?  They can't help themselves. Libre? Ha.

> >> At least we have an admission: it's a poor habit.

> >> Let's drive however we like; rules are un-necessary! ;)
> >>

> > --
> > Peter West
> > "For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or
> > forfeits himself?"
> >
> > --
> > deleted

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Truce

       LOL ... fantastic ...
           or we could follow Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll)'s
thinking:

Jabberwocky
by Lewis Carroll

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
   Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
   And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son
   The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
   The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
   Long time the manxome foe he sought--
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
   And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
   The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
   And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
   The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
   He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?