Turn off auto numbering

NoOp NoOp

Turn off auto numbering

OK, I'm tired & should already know this answer. But I'm trying to
compose a simple document with 1, 2, 3 notatations and the
auto-numbering is driving me crazy. Writing a sentence/paragraph and using:

1. Blah
2. Blah blah
3. Blah blah blah
etc.

I don't want, or need, the auto para numbering.

Can someone remind me how to turn this nonsense off?

eskroni eskroni

Re: Turn off auto numbering

Hi NoOp,

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:24:15 -0700
NoOp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, I'm tired & should already know this answer. But I'm trying to
> compose a simple document with 1, 2, 3 notatations and the
> auto-numbering is driving me crazy. Writing a sentence/paragraph and using:
>
> 1. Blah
> 2. Blah blah
> 3. Blah blah blah
> etc.
>
> I don't want, or need, the auto para numbering.
>
> Can someone remind me how to turn this nonsense off?

Check your settings in Tools -> AutocorrectOptions.
There should be a setting "Use Numbering" - I think if you uncheck
this, this should do what you want.

Sigrid

NoOp NoOp

Re: Turn off auto numbering

On 08/19/2011 12:30 AM, Sigrid Carrera wrote:

> Hi NoOp,
>
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:24:15 -0700
> NoOp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> OK, I'm tired & should already know this answer. But I'm trying to
>> compose a simple document with 1, 2, 3 notatations and the
>> auto-numbering is driving me crazy. Writing a sentence/paragraph and using:
>>
>> 1. Blah
>> 2. Blah blah
>> 3. Blah blah blah
>> etc.
>>
>> I don't want, or need, the auto para numbering.
>>
>> Can someone remind me how to turn this nonsense off?
>
> Check your settings in Tools -> AutocorrectOptions.
> There should be a setting "Use Numbering" - I think if you uncheck
> this, this should do what you want.
>
> Sigrid

Thankyou Sigrid. That's the one.

Gary