Turning off Highlighting

charles meyer charles meyer

Turning off Highlighting

This happens often in LO for Windows 10.

I have 5 lines or words/phrases each a separate line vertically.

I only want the 1st line to be centered on the page; I want all the other
lines to remain flush left

I highlight just the stalin dn Press the Center icon and  it centers that
lined but when I place th mouse cursor in the document that blue
highlighting covers the other 4 lines.

I right cli onthe domeuntmto turn the higlgihtj off but thatdoens do it.

I click on the Center Icon on the  toolbar and it just  makes the centered
line return to flush left.

Once you're done highlighting text, how does one turn off highlighting?

Thank you.

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Turning off Highlighting

Hi Charles.
You don't by chance have a stuck shift key on your keyboard.
You also don't need to highlight the line to centre it, just click the
cursor into the line somewhere, thereby avoiding the blue highlighting.
steve

On 09/09/2020 06:50, charles meyer wrote:

> This happens often in LO for Windows 10.
>
> I have 5 lines or words/phrases each a separate line vertically.
>
> I only want the 1st line to be centered on the page; I want all the other
> lines to remain flush left
>
> I highlight just the stalin dn Press the Center icon and  it centers that
> lined but when I place th mouse cursor in the document that blue
> highlighting covers the other 4 lines.
>
> I right cli onthe domeuntmto turn the higlgihtj off but thatdoens do it.
>
> I click on the Center Icon on the  toolbar and it just  makes the centered
> line return to flush left.
>
> Once you're done highlighting text, how does one turn off highlighting?
>
> Thank you.

charles meyer charles meyer

Re: Turning off Highlighting

Hi Steve,

I use  the F8 key to highlight each character I want centered but when I
press F8 key again it won't stop highlighting.

I guess I'll use the old cursor over the character and then Center trick
(for any Mel Brooks fans).

Thanks.