Underline Color different than Characters color

charles meyer charles meyer

Underline Color different than Characters color

I've Googled this to no avail.

If I Right-Click the U on the toolbar for underlining I can then underline
but it provides the same color as the text I've written.

I want the text to appear white but the underline to be red.

I right clicked U and then chose Edit and then Color but it changed the
lettering (word) to red so both the underline and the word became red.

Thank you.

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: Underline Color different than Characters color

Hi Charles,

charles meyer schrieb am 15-Aug-20 um 22:56:
> I've Googled this to no avail.
>
> If I Right-Click the U on the toolbar for underlining I can then underline
> but it provides the same color as the text I've written.
>
> I want the text to appear white but the underline to be red.
>
> I right clicked U and then chose Edit and then Color but it changed the
> lettering (word) to red so both the underline and the word became red.

Do not use the toolbar icon. Select the text and then use the dialog.
You get the dialog:
A) Menu Format > Character... > Tab Fonteffect.
B) Sidebar, pane Properties, section Character. Open the drop-down of
the Underline icon and choose item 'More Options...'
In the dialog, you can set the underline color independently from the
font color.

Kind regards
Regina

Dave Howorth Dave Howorth

Re: Underline Color different than Characters color

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 16:56:38 -0400
charles meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've Googled this to no avail.
>
> If I Right-Click the U on the toolbar for underlining I can then
> underline but it provides the same color as the text I've written.
>
> I want the text to appear white but the underline to be red.
>
> I right clicked U and then chose Edit and then Color but it changed
> the lettering (word) to red so both the underline and the word became
> red.

If you want an underline, as opposed to a border, then if you edit the
style and choose Font Effects then the colour of the underline can be
chosen immediately to the right of the underline style.