Uninstalling not fully installed WriterTools extension

JW JW

Uninstalling not fully installed WriterTools extension

I have both Libreoffice 3.4.6. & 3.5.1 installed on my Windows 7 Home 64
bit desktop.

Recently, I tried to install the extension WriterTools 1.9.1.

However, even though the extension appears in Extension Manager in both
versions of LO, it did not fully install. Thus, is not operational.

Now, I can't get it t fully install - nor can I get extension manager to
uninstall it.

I've contacted the author of this extension days ago but have received no
reply.

Does anyone have any idea how I can somehow manually uninstall this
extension?

kamalroop singh kamalroop singh

Not installing

Hi, I have windows vista and I can't install Libre Office. This is error I am getting: 'Please exit LibreOffice 3.5 and the LibreOffice 3.5 Qucikstarter before you continue. If you are using a multi-user system, also ensure that no other use has LibreOffice 3.5 open.' [ok] To install please run setup again.... Each time I get the same message. Help appreciated. Kam

Arnt V. Arntsen Arnt V. Arntsen

Re: Not installing

I get the exact same problem. I've also got Windows vista. Any help out
there?

Arnt

On 28 March 2012 16:48, kamalroop singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I have windows vista and I can't install Libre Office. This is error I
> am getting: 'Please exit LibreOffice 3.5 and the LibreOffice 3.5
> Qucikstarter before you continue. If you are using a multi-user system,
> also ensure that no other use has LibreOffice 3.5 open.' [ok] To install
> please run setup again.... Each time I get the same message. Help
> appreciated. Kam

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Uninstalling not fully installed WriterTools extension

I have Writers Tools and it works with 3.4.5 on Ubuntu 64-bit 10.04LTS.

I wonder if it is something to do with having both 3.4.6 [beta?] and
3.5.1 installed at the same time.  I run it as well with XP and Vista.

I wonder also if you could take the LO user data folder and rename it.
Then it should show that the items listed in the Extension Manager is no
longer there, or most of them.  It does for Ubuntu when I rename the
".libreoffice" folder.  Then install the Writers Tools extension again.

Where did you get the file?  Was it downloaded properly/uncorrupted?

Here is my copies.  I tend to install both "Tools" and "Extras" if I
install one of them.

http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/writertools-1.9.1/WriterTools.oxt
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/writerextras-0.3.0/WriterExtras.oxt

I also tend to install Pagination with those two as well.
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/Pagination-1.3.10.oxt
<http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/writerextras-0.3.0/WriterExtras.oxt>

.
On 03/28/2012 10:20 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have both Libreoffice 3.4.6. & 3.5.1 installed on my Windows 7 Home
> 64 bit desktop.
>
> Recently, I tried to install the extension WriterTools 1.9.1.
>
> However, even though the extension appears in Extension Manager in
> both versions of LO, it did not fully install. Thus, is not operational.
>
> Now, I can't get it t fully install - nor can I get extension manager
> to uninstall it.
>
> I've contacted the author of this extension days ago but have received
> no reply.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can somehow manually uninstall this
> extension?

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Not installing

Check if you have a "Quick Start" option installed/enabled for your
taskbar.  Check your taskbar for a Quickstart icon for LO.  "End" it
before you try the next install of LO.  Be sure that you go through LO's
options to disable the Quichstart option from coming back.

If you do not see it on the taskbar, maybe look in the Install/Remove
option in Control Panel for that.

Which version of LO have you installed before on your computer?

I have not installed 3.5.x on my Vista [32-bit] laptop, but I have
installed 3.4.5[?] on it.  I never enable the Quickstart option, since
it tends to give you issues when you want to upgrade the package.  The
Quickstart option loads up at boot-time and runs in memory, EVEN when
you do not have the main LO package running.  It gives LO a little boost
in its load time, but tends to not be worth the hassles.  I never check
the Quickstart options for any Windows packages I tend to install.

On 03/28/2012 10:48 AM, kamalroop singh wrote:
> Hi, I have windows vista and I can't install Libre Office. This is error I am getting: 'Please exit LibreOffice 3.5 and the LibreOffice 3.5 Qucikstarter before you continue. If you are using a multi-user system, also ensure that no other use has LibreOffice 3.5 open.' [ok] To install please run setup again.... Each time I get the same message. Help appreciated. Kam

JW JW

Re: Re: [libreoffice-users] Uninstalling not fully installed WriterTools extension

Thanks.

After renaming the user data folder per your advice and using your copy of
Writer Tools I was able to install it.

Problem solved.

Thanks again.

On , webmaster-Kracked_P_P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have Writers Tools and it works with 3.4.5 on Ubuntu 64-bit 10.04LTS.

> I wonder if it is something to do with having both 3.4.6 [beta?] and
> 3.5.1 installed at the same time. I run it as well with XP and Vista.

> I wonder also if you could take the LO user data folder and rename it.
> Then it should show that the items listed in the Extension Manager is no
> longer there, or most of them. It does for Ubuntu when I rename
> the ".libreoffice" folder. Then install the Writers Tools extension again.

> Where did you get the file? Was it downloaded properly/uncorrupted?

> Here is my copies. I tend to install both "Tools" and "Extras" if I
> install one of them.

> http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/writertools-1.9.1/WriterTools.oxt

> http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/writerextras-0.3.0/WriterExtras.oxt

> I also tend to install Pagination with those two as well.

> http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/Pagination-1.3.10.oxt

> http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-ons-extensions/writerextras-0.3.0/WriterExtras.oxt>

> .

> I have both Libreoffice 3.4.6. & 3.5.1 installed on my Windows 7 Home 64
> bit desktop.

> Recently, I tried to install the extension WriterTools 1.9.1.

> However, even though the extension appears in Extension Manager in both
> versions of LO, it did not fully install. Thus, is not operational.

> Now, I can't get it t fully install - nor can I get extension manager to
> uninstall it.

> I've contacted the author of this extension days ago but have received no
> reply.

> Does anyone have any idea how I can somehow manually uninstall this
> extension?

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Uninstalling not fully installed WriterTools extension

It was either a corrupted .oxt file you tried to use or something in the
user file was giving you an issue.  I have had things that downloaded 1%
of the file than ended as if it was completed properly.  Mostly it was
due to overworked servers/mirrors.  Use to get it many times with LO
language packs, till the mirror that I was directed to got their act
together and fixed their problems [so I was told].

I have one .oxt file in my list, I forget which one, that would not
install if I used the next version.  I will be updating all my extension
files in that list for my next DVD publication, but every one listed
worked for me when I tried them out.

So that is why I gave you my link.
I know that it works, since it worked for my system.