Upcoming Event: LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha1 Live BHS - Ankara

kara kara

Upcoming Event: LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha1 Live BHS - Ankara

Hi Mike & all,

We are going to have a local/live bug hunting session for LibreOffice
6.2 Alpha1 in Ankara, on Oct 28 Sunday, between 14:00 - 17:00 UTC+3
(Turkey local time).

  * Announcement tweet:
    https://twitter.com/muhamm3tkara/status/1055127112896647169 (Turkish
    banner is attached.)
  * Registration form: https://goo.gl/mmfNm7

Mike, could you please add it to the calendar?

Cheers,
Muhammet

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Upcoming Event: LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha1 Live BHS - Ankara

Hi Muhammet,

Sure, I've just added it to the calendar and tweeted too:

https://twitter.com/libreoffice/status/1055385395653996544

Let me know how it goes, and I'll put a write-up and photos on the blog!

Cheers,
Mike

On 24/10/2018 18:15, Muhammet Kara wrote:

> Hi Mike & all,
>
> We are going to have a local/live bug hunting session for LibreOffice
> 6.2 Alpha1 in Ankara, on Oct 28 Sunday, between 14:00 - 17:00 UTC+3
> (Turkey local time).
>
>  * Announcement tweet:
>    https://twitter.com/muhamm3tkara/status/1055127112896647169 (Turkish
>    banner is attached.)
>  * Registration form: https://goo.gl/mmfNm7
>
> Mike, could you please add it to the calendar?
>
> Cheers,
> Muhammet

kara kara

Re: Upcoming Event: LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha1 Live BHS - Ankara

Hi Mike,

On 10/25/2018 12:08 PM, Mike Saunders wrote:
> Hi Muhammet,
>
> Sure, I've just added it to the calendar and tweeted too:
>
> https://twitter.com/libreoffice/status/1055385395653996544

Thank you!

> Let me know how it goes, and I'll put a write-up and photos on the blog!

Sure!

> Cheers,
> Mike

Cheers,
Muhammet

kara kara

Re: Upcoming Event: LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha1 Live BHS - Ankara

Hi Mike & all,

Sorry for the late report. I have been busy lately.

8 people (including 1 remotely from Istanbul) participated in our live
session in Ankara, and we have tested LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha on Linux,
Windows, and macOS.

We had held our past live sessions always in Pardus's venue. This time
we decided to make a change, and I think it brought good results. All
people in the session, except me, were new faces, from different schools
and work places.

We started by self-introductions, and chatted for a short while, to know
each other. Then I went through our bug reporting & QA process briefly,
and introduced the participants to our bugzilla.

We have identified several bugs, and created bug reports for them. Some
of our new community members are following up with the bug reports, and
some have even started contributing to l10n.

We have also created a telegram channel to communicate during the event,
and later. (LibreOffice QA TR: https://t.me/LibreOffice_QA_TR)

Overall, I think it was a productive, and fun event.

PS: Some photos from the event are attached.

Cheers,
Muhammet

--
*Muhammet Kara *
LibreOffice Certified Developer

*TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM*
*Pardus Projesi <https://www.pardus.org.tr>*
Mustafa Kemal Mahallesi Dumlupınar Bulvarı
(Eskişehir Yolu 7. km) 2151. Cadde No:154
06510 Çankaya/ANKARA
T +90 312 298 9293

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Upcoming Event: LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha1 Live BHS - Ankara

Hi Muhammet,

Thanks very much for those notes -- I've turned them into a blog post here:

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/11/12/quick-report-libreoffice-6-2-bug-hunting-session-in-ankara-turkey/

And I'll spread the word as usual on social media, Reddit etc.

Cheers!
Mike

kara kara

Re: Upcoming Event: LibreOffice 6.2 Alpha1 Live BHS - Ankara

Hi Mike,

It was a pleasure. Thank you too! :)

Cheers,
Muhammet