Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

12 « Prev
Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

A/B test, great idea. We have a contact at the university of Vienna (and Berlin too, but that's another story) who were interested in testing ideas. It's Andreas' contact, so what do you think?

PS: It's so obvious that this test likely has been done several times.

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX Designer

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

Hi Jan, Heiko,

Firstly Jan, thanks a lot for your mockups! Great work.

On 02/04/2017 20:50, jan wrote:

> Based on Heikos ideas (or at least how I understood them)
> here a super simple version: http://imgur.com/a/jxYK7

I like that, and the previous (slightly more complex version). Note that
there are a few things we do need to keep in the design, namely:

1) "(currencies marked with * are also available via PayPal)" - or we
disable PayPal when certain currencies are checked, but that may be
confusing without an explanation

2) Yearly/quarterly/monthly recurring payment options - at least at the
start, while we do our testing. This could be a drop-down box.

3) The text saying why it's important to donate (like in
http://imgur.com/a/IVMEj and my mockup). We could, of course, put it
above the donate box itself.

So a compromise between http://imgur.com/a/IVMEj and the simpler design
would make the most sense, I feel. Thanks again Jan for your work!

Mike

jan-3 jan-3

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

Hi,

Next iteration: http://imgur.com/a/zyPNq

1) PayPal/Currencies: The button will gray out and have "No Paypal for
selected Currency" on it. (Font needs to be a bit smaller, but it works)
Note, that the PayPal Button swapped place with credit card so it aligns
with the currency dropdown, so the connection is (hopefully) clear.

2) Repeated Donations: I added a dropdown.

3) Text was added

Jan

Am 03.04.2017 um 13:22 schrieb Mike Saunders:

> Hi Jan, Heiko,
>
> Firstly Jan, thanks a lot for your mockups! Great work.
>
> On 02/04/2017 20:50, jan wrote:
>>
>> Based on Heikos ideas (or at least how I understood them)
>> here a super simple version: http://imgur.com/a/jxYK7
>
> I like that, and the previous (slightly more complex version). Note that
> there are a few things we do need to keep in the design, namely:
>
> 1) "(currencies marked with * are also available via PayPal)" - or we
> disable PayPal when certain currencies are checked, but that may be
> confusing without an explanation
>
> 2) Yearly/quarterly/monthly recurring payment options - at least at the
> start, while we do our testing. This could be a drop-down box.
>
> 3) The text saying why it's important to donate (like in
> http://imgur.com/a/IVMEj and my mockup). We could, of course, put it
> above the donate box itself.
>
> So a compromise between http://imgur.com/a/IVMEj and the simpler design
> would make the most sense, I feel. Thanks again Jan for your work!
>
> Mike

Anxhelo Lushka-2 Anxhelo Lushka-2

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

Hi, I also made a version that I think might be easier for the user to
go through

http://imgur.com/AQQXLRQ

Opinions are welcome :)

On 03/04/2017 19:30, jan wrote:

> Next iteration: http://imgur.com/a/zyPNq

IMO that looks really good! What have you used to make this design? Is
there any HTML / CSS behind it right now, or is it just a mock-up?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

jan-3 jan-3

Am 03.04.2017 um 20:12 schrieb Mike Saunders:

> IMO that looks really good! What have you used to make this design? Is
> there any HTML / CSS behind it right now, or is it just a mock-up?

Thanks! I created it in Inkscape, but it should not be too hard to
translate it to a webdesign. It will need some knowledge of CSS3.

Jan

kainz.a kainz.a

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

Please be carefull with different colors. Green, black and different gray
colors.

Am 03.04.2017 22:12 schrieb "jan" <[hidden email]>:

> Am 03.04.2017 um 20:12 schrieb Mike Saunders:
>
> > IMO that looks really good! What have you used to make this design? Is
> > there any HTML / CSS behind it right now, or is it just a mock-up?
>
> Thanks! I created it in Inkscape, but it should not be too hard to
> translate it to a webdesign. It will need some knowledge of CSS3.
>
> Jan

jan-3 jan-3

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

To get the grasp of it I recreated a version similar to yours, using the
elements I already had:

imgur.com/a/XxFhK

I find it nice that it reads more natural ("once 10€");
I found it to need more space vertically than the other version in order
to make the grouping of the steps clear.

Which performs better could be a good question for an AB-test.

Jan

Am 03.04.2017 um 20:11 schrieb Anxhelo Lushka:

> Hi, I also made a version that I think might be easier for the user to
> go through
>
> http://imgur.com/AQQXLRQ
>
> Opinions are welcome :)
>

> On 04/03/2017 07:30 PM, jan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Next iteration: http://imgur.com/a/zyPNq
>>
>> 1) PayPal/Currencies: The button will gray out and have "No Paypal for
>> selected Currency" on it. (Font needs to be a bit smaller, but it works)
>> Note, that the PayPal Button swapped place with credit card so it aligns
>> with the currency dropdown, so the connection is (hopefully) clear.
>>
>> 2) Repeated Donations: I added a dropdown.
>>
>> 3) Text was added
>>
>> Jan
>>

>> Am 03.04.2017 um 13:22 schrieb Mike Saunders:
>>> Hi Jan, Heiko,
>>>
>>> Firstly Jan, thanks a lot for your mockups! Great work.

>>> I like that, and the previous (slightly more complex version). Note that
>>> there are a few things we do need to keep in the design, namely:
>>>
>>> 1) "(currencies marked with * are also available via PayPal)" - or we
>>> disable PayPal when certain currencies are checked, but that may be
>>> confusing without an explanation
>>>
>>> 2) Yearly/quarterly/monthly recurring payment options - at least at the
>>> start, while we do our testing. This could be a drop-down box.
>>>
>>> 3) The text saying why it's important to donate (like in
>>> http://imgur.com/a/IVMEj and my mockup). We could, of course, put it
>>> above the donate box itself.
>>>
>>> So a compromise between http://imgur.com/a/IVMEj and the simpler design
>>> would make the most sense, I feel. Thanks again Jan for your work!
>>>
>>> Mike

jan-3 jan-3

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

Is there progress on this issue and/or anything I could help with?
Or has it been stalled?

On 22/04/2017 14:49, jan wrote:

> Is there progress on this issue and/or anything I could help with?
> Or has it been stalled?

I was on vacation last week (and working on the Annual Report before
that) so I haven't had much time to progress with it. Plus, I only have
limited HTML and CSS skills so it might take me a while to turn the
mockup into a real design.

In the meantime, if anyone else knows their way around HTML and CSS and
wants to contribute an implementation of http://imgur.com/a/zyPNq --
that would be great!

Cheers,
Mike

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

Hi Jan,

Just to let you know that I've finally had time to work on a HTML and
CSS version of this:

https://www.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/donate-newdesign.html

It's not quite as pretty as your mockup, but I think most of the content
is there and this implementation doesn't use JavaScript which is a bonus.

We'll look at implementing it into the main donate page now.

Thanks,
Mike

jan-3 jan-3

Re: Updated LibreOffice donate page on website for beautifying

Hi Mike,

Thanks!

Is the code on github? I would like to do some minor adjustments in the
CSS so that the margins and cross browser styles are improved.

Jan

On 05/05/2017 17:56, jan wrote:

> Is the code on github? I would like to do some minor adjustments in the
> CSS so that the margins and cross browser styles are improved.

Great, thanks for offering to help! It's not on GitHub but the CSS is
inside https://www.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/donate-newdesign.html
so if you take that file, modify it and send it back to me, I'll upload
it again.

Cheers,
Mike

12 « Prev