Updating Spanish dictionary in Gerrit

Ricardo Palomares Martínez-3 Ricardo Palomares Martínez-3

Updating Spanish dictionary in Gerrit

Hi,

When we released version 2.2 of Spanish Dictionary in RLA-ES
(https://github.com/sbosio/rla-es/), we had some problems uploading
the extension to the LO extensions site (because we used to upload
more than 20 OXT as part of each new version, which was no longer
feasible after LO extensions website revamp), and, in the end, I
forgot to update the general OXT in LO repository.

It has been a long time since our last release and it is time to push
a new version, although it will take some weeks to sort and prepare
the new version. In the meantime, I'd like to push the current last
release to LO repository. I'm following our own how-to, which involves
typing this in the LO dictionaries repository:

gitdir=$(git rev-parse --git-dir); scp -p -P 29418
[hidden email]:hooks/commit-msg ${gitdir}/hooks/

replacing the .aff and .dic files (no changes in the other dictionary
files), commit the changes and write to this list.

However, I have a link in our how-to to
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries and that
page no longer exists, so I wonder if the procedure is still valid, or
something has changed and, due to it, I have stopped before committing
the changes. I have a Gerrit user (RickieES) and my local clone of
dictionaries has been brought up to date before following the above
steps. Is it still OK if I commit and push the changes and write it here?

TIA

--
Ricardo Palomares (RickieES)
https://github.com/RickieES
Fitoschido Fitoschido

Re: Updating Spanish dictionary in Gerrit

<[hidden email]>:
> However, I have a link in our how-to to
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries and that
> page no longer exists, so I wonder if the procedure is still valid […]

The link works for me. Maybe the wiki was down temporarily?

I’m not aware of any changes in the procedure.

Best,
Adolfo

El 08/12/17 a las 20:19, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos escribió:
> <[hidden email]>:
>> However, I have a link in our how-to to
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries and that
>> page no longer exists, so I wonder if the procedure is still valid […]
>
> The link works for me. Maybe the wiki was down temporarily?

Sorry, I had it wrong in the RLA-ES, with a trailing additional comma.

> I’m not aware of any changes in the procedure.

As always, thank you very much for your reply. Here is the Gerrit
changeset:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/46142/

As usual, I've forgotten to rebase my local copy of the repository
until I've tried to push the changes and got the error message. In
order to update our wiki, which is the right moment to run git rebase?
Would it be best to run it right after pulling the changes from the
master repository and before committing the new changes, or just
before trying to push upstream?

TIA

Fitoschido Fitoschido

<[hidden email]>:
> As usual, I've forgotten to rebase my local copy of the repository
> until I've tried to push the changes and got the error message. In
> order to update our wiki, which is the right moment to run git rebase?
> Would it be best to run it right after pulling the changes from the
> master repository and before committing the new changes, or just
> before trying to push upstream?

I’d say the former. That way, you minimize the risk of conflicts.

El 10/12/17 a las 00:52, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos escribió:

> <[hidden email]>:
>> As usual, I've forgotten to rebase my local copy of the repository
>> until I've tried to push the changes and got the error message. In
>> order to update our wiki, which is the right moment to run git rebase?
>> Would it be best to run it right after pulling the changes from the
>> master repository and before committing the new changes, or just
>> before trying to push upstream?
>
> I’d say the former. That way, you minimize the risk of conflicts.

Thank you so much, I've updated our wiki. I've also put a note to
myself to not forget to update description.xml, which I see you have
had to update by hand in Gerrit, sorry. :-)

Thanks again for all your help, as always.