Use of file name in print header for Calc

Paul Schwartz Paul Schwartz

Use of file name in print header for Calc

In Open Office, the filename was
an option for insertion into the header/footer of the print job. This
has been replaced, in LO, by an option that seems to be a "title". In
old files that I open the filename still appears in the header.

Is there a way to get to the filename in LO?

TIA
Paul

Pablo Dotro Pablo Dotro

Re: Use of file name in print header for Calc

On 05/12/2012 05:34 PM, Paul Schwartz wrote:
> In Open Office, the filename was
> an option for insertion into the header/footer of the print job. This
> has been replaced, in LO, by an option that seems to be a "title". In
> old files that I open the filename still appears in the header.
>
> Is there a way to get to the filename in LO?
>
> TIA
> Paul
If you long-click the "Title" icon in the Page Style Header edit dialog,
you can choose what to use as title for the page. In my default install
of LibreOffice 3.5.3.2 (from Ubuntu PPA), I can choose between filename
and path+filename.
I am not sure what was the behavior of this in other versions of LO or
under other platforms.
The sequence I used to get to the dialog was: Format-Page-Header-Edit,
and then position the cursor on the region you want the title to appear.
Hold the mouse down on the "title" icon and the small menu with options
should appear. From there, select File Name.
Hope it helps!

--
Pablo M. Dotro, The Mage of the Many shadows
[hidden email]    [hidden email]

Tom D Tom D

Re: Use of file name in print header for Calc

> If you long-click the "Title" icon in the Page Style Header edit
> dialog, you can choose what to use as title for the page.
> Position the cursor on the region you want the title to appear. Hold
> the mouse down on the "title" icon and the small menu with options
> should appear. From there, select Title for the file name.
> Hope it helps!

Paul Schwartz Paul Schwartz

Re: Use of file name in print header for Calc

Thanks, Pablo. That works great in my standard issue in Ubuntu 12.04!

I didn't notice the tiny, little triangle in the corner of the box.

Thanks again.

Paul

Thanks. It works great!

Paul