Using Amazon Corretto as Oracle JDK replacement for building LibreOffice on Windows

Kaganski Mike Kaganski Mike

Using Amazon Corretto as Oracle JDK replacement for building LibreOffice on Windows

Hi,

Since Oracle JDK versions prior to 12 are now unavailable from the
official site [1] for unregistered users (and version 12 is said to
still have problems/needs workarounds [2]), I decided to give Amazon
Corretto [3] a try. I downloaded and installed the two MSIs listed on
that page (amazon-corretto-8.212.04.2-1-windows-x64.msi and
amazon-corretto-8.212.04.2-1-windows-x86.msi) - I chose to setup full
just in case, and I need the two packages to be able to build both
32-bit and 64-bit LibreOffice, - and then setup and run lode. With that,
LibreOffice x64 master build succeeded normally. So this is just to let
you know in case you need an alternative JRE.

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
[2]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows#Install_Java
[3]
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/corretto/latest/corretto-8-ug/downloads-list.html
Michael Weghorn Michael Weghorn

Re: Using Amazon Corretto as Oracle JDK replacement for building LibreOffice on Windows

Hi,

On 30/05/2019 14.46, Kaganski Mike wrote:
> Since Oracle JDK versions prior to 12 are now unavailable from the
> official site [1] for unregistered users (and version 12 is said to
> still have problems/needs workarounds [2]), I decided to give Amazon
> Corretto [3] a try.

As a side note, AdoptOpenJDK [1] also worked fine for a master build
when I tried recently (that was on a 64bit Windows).

[1] https://adoptopenjdk.net/

Tomaž Vajngerl Tomaž Vajngerl

Re: Using Amazon Corretto as Oracle JDK replacement for building LibreOffice on Windows

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 9:46 PM Kaganski Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
So this is just to let you know in case you need an alternative JRE.

Another alternative is Red Hat OpenJDK [1]  (which is probably more or less identical to Amazon Corretto). I didn't try it however, but probably will the next time I boot to Windows and need to build LO.

Regard, Tomaž