Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" on "subtotal summary" causes Calc to exit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
chimak111 chimak111
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" on "subtotal summary" causes Calc to exit

This post was updated on .
LibreOffice 3.5.3.2
Build ID: 235ab8a-3802056-4a8fed3-2d66ea8-e241b80
O/S Ubuntu 12.04
Computer: Dell Inspiron 1545
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz × 2
Memory: 3.9 GiB

Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" to copy "subtotal summary" causes Calc to exit

To illustrate, I have uploaded temp.ods temp.ods

To reproduce:
1: Sort the sheet contents using two sort criteria: first by "scrip" (A to Z, ascending) and second by "date" (oldest to newest, ascending).
2: In Data, Subtotals, group by "scrip" and calculate subtotals for "B/S" and "Total" using "sum".
3: Click on "2" at the top left corner to show a summary for each scrip.
4: Click on cell E1, hold shift down and click on cell O775.
(At this point I open a terminal and run "top" to monitor %CPU and then return to the Calc window.)
5: Click on "copy visible cells".

Result:
The area selected (E1 to O775) is "highlighted" but does not get enclosed by the marching ants marquee associated with cells that are copied.
The highlight then seems to extend itself (without any intervention by me) to the entire Calc screen (and presumably from A1 to AMJ1048576?).
%CPU in "top" rises to >90% in a few seconds and Calc closes itself within ~ 10 sec of clicking on "copy visible cells".

The same thing happens with a smaller data set. In other words, if I sort the spreadsheet as above and then delete row 189 onwards to have a smaller data set, the same thing happens except that Calc takes even less time to exit.

Eliane Domingos de Sousa Eliane Domingos de Sousa
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" on "subtotal summary" causes Calc to exit

Hi,

This extension was developed by Gustavo Pacheco, member of brazilian
libreoffice community.

I'll send this messagem for him.

Best

Eliane Domingos de Sousa
Brazilian LibreOffice Community
Em 05-05-2012 09:24, chimak111 escreveu:

> LibreOffice 3.5.3.2
> Build ID: 235ab8a-3802056-4a8fed3-2d66ea8-e241b80
> O/S Ubuntu 12.04
> Computer: Dell Inspiron 1545
> Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz × 2
> Memory: 3.9 GiB
>
> *Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" to copy "subtotal summary"
> causes Calc to exit
> *
> To illustrate, I have uploaded temp.ods
>
> To reproduce:
> *1:* Sort the sheet contents using two sort criteria: first b
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3964486/temp.ods temp.ods y
> "scrip" (A to Z, ascending) and second by "date" (oldest to newest,
> ascending).
> *2:* In Data, Subtotals, group by "scrip" and calculate subtotals for "B/S"
> and "Total" using "sum".
> *3:* Click on "2" at the top left corner to show a summary for each scrip.
> *4:* Click on cell E1, hold shift down and click on cell O775.
> (At this point I open a terminal and run "top" to monitor %CPU and then
> return to the Calc window.)
> *5:* Click on "copy visible cells".
>
> Result:
> The area selected (E1 to O775) is "highlighted" but does not get enclosed by
> the /marching ants marquee/ associated with cells that are copied.
> The highlight then seems to extend itself (without any intervention by me)
> to the entire Calc screen (and presumably from A1 to AMJ1048576?).
> %CPU in "top" rises to>90% in a few seconds and Calc closes itself within ~
> 10 sec of clicking on "copy visible cells".
>
> The same thing happens with a smaller data set. In other words, if I sort
> the spreadsheet as above and then delete row 189 onwards to have a smaller
> data set, the same thing happens except that Calc takes even less time to
> exit.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Using-Copy-only-visible-cells-version-1-0-5-on-subtotal-summary-causes-Calc-to-exit-tp3964486.html
> Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Andreas Säger Andreas Säger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" on "subtotal summary" causes Calc to exit

In reply to this post by chimak111
Am 05.05.2012 14:24, chimak111 wrote:

> LibreOffice 3.5.3.2
> Build ID: 235ab8a-3802056-4a8fed3-2d66ea8-e241b80
> O/S Ubuntu 12.04
> Computer: Dell Inspiron 1545
> Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz × 2
> Memory: 3.9 GiB
>
> *Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" to copy "subtotal summary"
> causes Calc to exit
> *

Well this happens all the time when Basic mongers and macro recorders
publish their home grown bullshit as office extensions.
The most important parts (any error handling) has been removed as the
following unused function indicates:

> 'Sub initStrLocale as String
> '   Dim PathSubstitutionService As Object
> '   PathSubstitutionService = createUnoService("com.sun.star.util.PathSubstitution")
> '   OOLangue = PathSubstitutionService.getSubstituteVariableValue("$(langid)")
> '   Select Case OOLangue
> '     Case "1046" ' Brazilian Portuguese
> '        strMsg(0) = "Esta função não pode ser utilizada com seleções múltiplas."
> '        strMsg(1) = "LibreOffice"
> '     Case "1033" ' English USA
> '        strMsg(0) = "This function cannot be used with multiple selections."
> '        strMsg(1) = "LibreOffice"
> '     Case "2057" ' English GB
> '        strMsg(0) = "This function cannot be used with multiple selections."
> '        strMsg(1) = "LibreOffice"
> '     Case "1036" ' French
> '        strMsg(0) = "Cette fonction est incompatible avec la sélection multiple."
> '        strMsg(1) = "LibreOffice"
> '     Case "1034","3082" ' Spanish
> '        strMsg(0) = "Esta función no se puede aplicar con selecciones múltiples."
> '        strMsg(1) = "LibreOffice"
> '   End Select
> 'End Sub


--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
chimak111 chimak111
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using "Copy only visible cells version 1.0.5" on "subtotal summary" causes Calc to exit

In reply to this post by chimak111
The code available here does the job.