Using the IBM line drawing set in Libreoffice

John R. Sowden John R. Sowden

Using the IBM line drawing set in Libreoffice

I have a lot of forms created in WordStar using the line drawing
characters in the IBM fixed font character set.  I now need to create
some of these forms in LO.  Can't find a reference in the help dos.

Ideas?

John

James Knott James Knott

Re: Using the IBM line drawing set in Libreoffice

On 01/20/2018 12:56 PM, John R. Sowden wrote:
> I have a lot of forms created in WordStar using the line drawing
> characters in the IBM fixed font character set.  I now need to create
> some of these forms in LO.  Can't find a reference in the help dos.

I haven't heard of those characters in a very long time.  Does anyone
still use them?

BTW, it's been well over 20 years since I last saw Wordstar.

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Using the IBM line drawing set in Libreoffice

Do you mean the characters a bit like below (if they show on the list)
╚ ═
═╣

Insert, special character, arial, about 3/4 the way down.

steve

On 21/01/18 08:05, James Knott wrote:

> On 01/20/2018 12:56 PM, John R. Sowden wrote:
>> I have a lot of forms created in WordStar using the line drawing
>> characters in the IBM fixed font character set.  I now need to create
>> some of these forms in LO.  Can't find a reference in the help dos.
> I haven't heard of those characters in a very long time.  Does anyone
> still use them?
>
> BTW, it's been well over 20 years since I last saw Wordstar.

John R. Sowden John R. Sowden

Re: Using the IBM line drawing set in Libreoffice

Arial has a couple of problems, one-I understand it is a microsoft
font, 2-it is a proportional font, 3- it is a sans serif font.

How am I supposed to trnasfer the characters to my document?

John

jonathon-6 jonathon-6

On 01/20/2018 07:05 PM, James Knott wrote:

> BTW, it's been well over 20 years since I last saw Wordstar.

But the WordStar Command Set lives on, in the minds of those who think
GUIs are, by definition, user-hostile, and as such, a thing to abhorred,
and as such, killed on sight.

jonathon

Girvin Herr-5 Girvin Herr-5

Re: Using the IBM line drawing set in Libreoffice

Greetings,

Try Courier. It is a fixed font and my Insert > special character list
has the characters you need listed near the bottom.

HTH.

Girvin Herr

On 01/20/2018 02:33 PM, John R. Sowden wrote:

> Arial has a couple of problems, one-I understand it is a microsoft
> font, 2-it is a proportional font, 3- it is a sans serif font.
>
> How am I supposed to trnasfer the characters to my document?
>
> John
>

> On 01/20/2018 11:58 AM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
>> Do you mean the characters a bit like below (if they show on the list)
>> ╚ ═
>> ═╣
>>
>> Insert, special character, arial, about 3/4 the way down.
>>
>> steve

>>> I haven't heard of those characters in a very long time.  Does anyone
>>> still use them?
>>>
>>> BTW, it's been well over 20 years since I last saw Wordstar.

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Using the IBM line drawing set in Libreoffice

Liberation Mono also has some crisp line characters.
steve