Validation combobox

Johnny Rosenberg Johnny Rosenberg

Validation combobox

Am I the only one who things the new behaviour of the cell validation box
is extremely annoying?
I use LibreOffice 6.4.0.2 and I use those cell validation combo box things
all the time. When I want to input something in a validated cell, I hit
Alt+↓ to see the list and then I use ↓ and ↑ to look through the list and
then ↵ to select the currently selected item. This no longer works. As soon
as I hit ↑ or ↓, the item I end up at is selected and written to the cell.

Is this intentional? If so, how many of you think this is good and how many
of you think it's annoying?
I'll vote for annoying. I guess keyboard users thinks it's a bit more
annoying than mouse users, but that's only a guess…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: Validation combobox

Hi Johnny,

Johnny Rosenberg schrieb am 23-Feb-20 um 21:08:
> Am I the only one who things the new behaviour of the cell validation box
> is extremely annoying?
> I use LibreOffice 6.4.0.2 and I use those cell validation combo box things
> all the time. When I want to input something in a validated cell, I hit
> Alt+↓ to see the list and then I use ↓ and ↑ to look through the list and
> then ↵ to select the currently selected item.

It works as you describe it in LibreOffice 7. Are you sure your Calc key
binding is set to "Default"? Or is it "OpenOffice.org legacy" accidentely?

Kind regards
Regina