Version 4.2 Getting Started Guide, Chapter 2

Martin Saffron Martin Saffron

Version 4.2 Getting Started Guide, Chapter 2

Hello

I've uploaded an edited draft of GS4202.  The draft can be found here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-4.2/gs4202-settinguplibreoffice/view

In this version, I've made the most of the changes that are listed on
the User Guide Tasks page
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks).

LO4.2 appears to introduce options for finer control over English
language checking.  A series of check-boxes can be found under
Options/Language Settings/English Sentence Checking which appear to
enable toggling of particular grammar, punctuation and conversion
corrections.  On my installation (LO4.2 beta2 on Windows 8.1) they
appear to do nothing at all.  I briefly tested all the options and, with
the exception of the 'Extra Spaces' check-box, they had no effect at all
on corrections (both with free-typing auto-corrections and when the
'Spelling and Grammar' was invoked from the 'Tools' menu).  I wonder if
they are currently experimental.  As such, I have been unable to fully
complete the draft for GS4202 and have left space (commented in the
draft) for an explanation of these options.

I will edit and upload a draft for chapter 3 when I get some spare time
during the week.

Regards,

Martin

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Version 4.2 Getting Started Guide, Chapter 2

I have edited and added to Martin's updates. Some questions remain for
others to address; comments in file.

Uploaded here: http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/feedback-lo4.2/gs4-2-ch2-setting-up-lo/view

--Jean