Vote on forums

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Vote on forums

Florian I would say here we can move along to the next phase of the
process. It seems that there is an overwhelming majority of people that
want forums.

Regards

Jonathan Aquilina

Get a signature like this.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>
CLICK HERE.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>

Sveinn í Felli Sveinn í Felli

Re: Vote on forums

Þann fim 10.nóv 2011 16:25, skrifaði Jonathan Aquilina:
> Florian I would say here we can move along to the next phase
> of the process. It seems that there is an overwhelming
> majority of people that want forums.

Well, those of us who are indifferent towards forums, and
who have nothing against others having their forums - we may
be an overwhelming majority too ;-)

Regards

Sveinn í Felli

> Regards
>
> Jonathan Aquilina

Jean-Baptiste_Faure Jean-Baptiste_Faure

Re: Vote on forums

Le 10/11/2011 23:02, Sveinn í Felli a écrit :
> Þann fim 10.nóv 2011 16:25, skrifaði Jonathan Aquilina:
>> Florian I would say here we can move along to the next phase
>> of the process. It seems that there is an overwhelming
>> majority of people that want forums.
>
> Well, those of us who are indifferent towards forums, and who have
> nothing against others having their forums - we may be an overwhelming
> majority too ;-)

If you don't speak, we can't hear you.

Best regards
JBF

Michael Adams-2 Michael Adams-2

Re: Vote on forums

On Friday 11 November 2011 11:45, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> Le 10/11/2011 23:02, Sveinn í Felli a écrit :
> > Þann fim 10.nóv 2011 16:25, skrifaði Jonathan Aquilina:
> >> Florian I would say here we can move along to the next phase
> >> of the process. It seems that there is an overwhelming
> >> majority of people that want forums.
> >
> > Well, those of us who are indifferent towards forums, and who
> > have nothing against others having their forums - we may be an
> > overwhelming majority too ;-)

+1 Very happy with mailing lists.

> If you don't speak, we can't hear you.

Um, do we need to? This is your thing. Just avoid terms
like "overwhelming majority" (Jonathan Aquilina - above) please.
Try "critical mass" it sounds buzz-word sufficient.

--
Michael

Howard Barr-2 Howard Barr-2

Re: Vote on forums

-1 forums.  I get lost in all the threads, they are time consuming( searching through similar threads looking for an answer)
With mailing lists I can delete ones I'm not interested in and move on.
+1 for mailing lists.

On 11/11/2011 02:27, Howard wrote:

> -1 forums.  I get lost in all the threads, they are time consuming( searching through similar threads looking for an answer)
> With mailing lists I can delete ones I'm not interested in and move on.
> +1 for mailing lists.
>

> On 11 Nov 2011, at 09:11, Michael Adams<[hidden email]>  wrote:

>> +1 Very happy with mailing lists.
>>
>>> If you don't speak, we can't hear you.
>> Um, do we need to? This is your thing. Just avoid terms
>> like "overwhelming majority" (Jonathan Aquilina - above) please.
>> Try "critical mass" it sounds buzz-word sufficient.
>>
>> --
>> Michael

Jonathan Aquilina

Want a signature like mine?
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=21&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_21>
CLICK HERE.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=21&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_21>

Stefan Weigel Stefan Weigel

Re: Vote on forums

Am 11.11.2011 02:27, schrieb Howard:

> -1 forums.  I get lost in all the threads, they are time
> consuming( searching through similar threads looking for an
> answer) With mailing lists I can delete ones I'm not interested
> in and move on. +1 for mailing lists.

This vote is not about forums vs. mailing lists.

The vote is about having *own* forums hosted by ourselfs vs. using
forums hosted by someone else.

Stefan

Howard Barr-2 Howard Barr-2

Re: Vote on forums

Fair enough
+1 for own forums.

Le 11/11/2011 08:05, Howard a écrit :
> Fair enough
> +1 for own forums.

You should vote in the dedicated thread, the one with the subject :
"[POLL] own forums"

Best regards
JBF

> On 11 Nov 2011, at 15:55, Stefan Weigel<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 11.11.2011 02:27, schrieb Howard:
>>
>>> -1 forums.  I get lost in all the threads, they are time
>>> consuming( searching through similar threads looking for an
>>> answer) With mailing lists I can delete ones I'm not interested
>>> in and move on. +1 for mailing lists.
>>
>> This vote is not about forums vs. mailing lists.
>>
>> The vote is about having *own* forums hosted by ourselfs vs. using
>> forums hosted by someone else.
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> --
>> LibreOffice - Die Freiheit nehm' ich mir!

Michael Adams-2 Michael Adams-2

Re: Vote on forums

On Friday 11 November 2011 19:55, Stefan Weigel wrote:

[snip]

> This vote is not about forums vs. mailing lists.
>
> The vote is about having *own* forums hosted by ourselfs vs. using
> forums hosted by someone else.

The point being made in this thread is was that there are those of us
that don't need to vote. We are happy with mailing lists. But this
thread shows that we have a voice too, so as not to be forgotten.

--
Michael

elcico2001 एल्चिको elcico2001 एल्चिको

Re: Vote on forums

> This vote is not about forums vs. mailing lists.
>
> The vote is about having *own* forums hosted by ourselfs vs. using
> forums hosted by someone else.
>
> Stefan
>
> --
OPS! I correct myself then... +1 for own forums hosted by ourselves

Kevin Salisbury Kevin Salisbury

Re: Vote on forums

-1. While I agree that forums are important for users, forum systems
done correctly for a relatively high volume site will be time consuming
and will require time for maintenance. I'd rather see time and resources
spent on user training portal where perhaps LO community members can
produce and share short HTML5 training videos for LO features (perhaps
mirroring the documentation?). Our experience shows that short video
clips are excellent training guides for new users making the conversion
from other suites. The clips can be run in succession in a classic
training mode for say an hour at a time, or they can be run singly
whenever the user is researching an issue in the documentation. IMO, New
User/Advanced User LibreOffice Training is a serious issue that has not
yet been adequately addressed by any commercial entity of note, partly
due to our market share, partly do to quick obsolesce of the training
material because of quick LO updates. Therefore, I feel we urgently need
to figure out a way the community can address this...

Kevin

From: Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Date: 11/11/2011 1:30 AM
Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Vote on forums

http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
>> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
be deleted
Thinking about this again for those that dont like forums dont have to

use them. conventional means such as mailing lists can still be used.

Regards

Jonathan Aquilina

NOTICE:
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom
notify the sender and delete all copies on your system. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Twin
Manufacturing Company, Inc.