WIP migration towards Firebird 3.0.4, cannot find -ltommath

julien2412 julien2412

WIP migration towards Firebird 3.0.4, cannot find -ltommath

Hello,

I'm giving a try to migrate Firebird from 3.0.0 towards 3.0.4
I'm struggling on this error:
with /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltommath whereas:
- both versions have extern/libtommath/
- we don't use it but use <lo core>/external/libotommath (see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Base/FirebirdSQL#External_project_libtommath)

Remark: to submit a patch on gerrit, I installed temporarily libtommath-dev
+ libncurses-dev (because termcap error but that's another story).

Any thoughts?

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html
Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

Re: WIP migration towards Firebird 3.0.4, cannot find -ltommath

On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 13:09 -0700, julien2412 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm giving a try to migrate Firebird
from 3.0.0 towards 3.0.4

From what I read, Firebird 4.0 is going to make it easy to handle
dates more like HSQLDB does.

4.0 is still pre-release, and I have not seen a projected date
for release.  Is it a good idea to move to 4.0?

Terry.

julien2412 julien2412

On 01/02/2019 22:48, Terrence Enger wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 13:09 -0700, julien2412 wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm giving a try to migrate Firebird
> from 3.0.0 towards 3.0.4
>
>  From what I read, Firebird 4.0 is going to make it easy to handle
> dates more like HSQLDB does.
>
> 4.0 is still pre-release, and I have not seen a projected date
> for release.  Is it a good idea to move to 4.0?

Hello Terrence,

Given the facts that:

- Firebird is now a no more experimental feature in LO

- the number of bugs concerning Firebird in LO bugtrackers

- the lack of Base resources in LO

- the number of LO patches to build Firebird (+ you must take into
account the different platforms)

- the 4.0 version of Firebird is still beta or even if we wait for the
stable release, would still be the first one

- the slow rythm of releases in Firebird

I'd prefer sticking to 3.0.X branch of Firebird for the moment.

Of course, it's just my opinion and if someone would bump to 4.0, I
won't be against it.

Julien

julien2412 julien2412

[ABANDONED] Re: WIP migration towards Firebird 3.0.4, cannot find -ltommath

I gave up, it’s just a mess to integrate Firebird on lo.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html
Michael Stahl-3 Michael Stahl-3

Re: [ABANDONED] Re: WIP migration towards Firebird 3.0.4, cannot find -ltommath

On 02.02.19 23:09, julien2412 wrote:
> I gave up, it’s just a mess to integrate Firebird on lo.

okay that's understandable, firebird is quite the unmaintainable mess...

for the record, where we are stuck now is that on MacOSX, firebird
builds but the unit tests fail with SIGILL, perhaps due to some '-msse4'
usage in the build; on Windows, firebird build fails before it even
starts with: