Want to convert doc into ps format programatically

Ankit Jain Ankit Jain

Want to convert doc into ps format programatically

        I want to convert doc to ps(print script) format
programatically.I know there is an utility available in LibreOffice that
 does this conversion but I don't want to install Libreoffice on the
Client machine instead I want to reuse the source code of LibreOffice to
 develop this utility.I know it is a very cumbersome task but at least
if someone can give me any kind of basic approach on how to do this or
any other way doing it programatically.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ankit

Michael Adams-2 Michael Adams-2

Re: Want to convert doc into ps format programatically

On Tuesday 24 April 2012 21:19, Ankit Jain wrote:
>         I want to convert doc to ps(print script) format
> programatically.I know there is an utility available in LibreOffice
> that does this conversion but I don't want to install Libreoffice
> on the Client machine instead I want to reuse the source code of
> LibreOffice to develop this utility.I know it is a very cumbersome
> task but at least if someone can give me any kind of basic approach
> on how to do this or any other way doing it programatically.

Assuming PostScript[1] as printscript[2] is unknown to me.

Install a postscript printer driver that saves to file.
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=pdrv&platform=win

[1] http://www.adobe.com/products/postscript/
[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=printscript&title=Special%3ASearch
--
Michael

Ankit Jain Ankit Jain

Re: Want to convert doc into ps format programatically

A typo- I mean post script

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: Want to convert doc into ps format programatically

This post was updated on .
For Postscript or PDF formatting, believe the heavy lifting within LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) are filters that pass the document through embedded routines from the Pango and Cairo open source project.

http://cairographics.org   -- Start there.

You will still need to study how LibreOffice applies filters to pass writer .ODT files (and other document formats) through the filter for conversion to the target format.

Good luck.

Ankit Jain Ankit Jain

Re: Want to convert doc into ps format programatically

Thanks Stuart

For Postscript or PDF formatting, believe the heavy lifting within
LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) are filters that pass the document through
embedded routines from the Pango and Cairo open source projects.

http:// http://cairographics.org http://cairographics.org Start there.