Website status

Next » 12
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Website status

Hello,

as the topic was raised a few times during the last days:

I can't make any promises with regards to leaving out the "test" of the
website before Christmas, as this requires some more infrastructure
work. Last week, I did nothing else but TDF everyday, and the time
before Christmas usually is rather short, so maybe I won't be able to
make it before my vacation's end -- which would be January 10th.

I'll try to make it before, but I can't promise. As we will release LibO
3.3 not before January, and during Christmas most people are away
anyways, I hope this doesn't cause too many issues.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: [steering-discuss] Website status

Hi Florian, :-)

You will have noticed that I've been putting in time on the website
content every day. It's taken longer than I envisioned because it
takes time to develop the content of each page (there's always some
"auxiliary" work to do for each one). But the site is largely ready
now. I'll still be finishing over the next couple of days.

I realize how much time and work you put in for the community, that
isn't visible to the rest of the world. Thank you for that, because
your dedication is a big driving force behind the project.

Would you really not have time to roll it out *now*, and leave me to
do the last work with the site being live? January 10 is nearly 3
weeks away...

In any case, I do understand your POV, and I certainly wish you a
happy and restful holiday. Come back to us fresh and revitalized.

In the New Year, maybe you can try and delegate more work?

With all best wishes, ;-)

David Nelson

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Website status

Hi David,

David Nelson wrote on 2010-12-20 01.56:

> You will have noticed that I've been putting in time on the website
> content every day. It's taken longer than I envisioned because it
> takes time to develop the content of each page (there's always some
> "auxiliary" work to do for each one). But the site is largely ready
> now. I'll still be finishing over the next couple of days.

thanks a lot for your work, David, that's really much appreciated!

> I realize how much time and work you put in for the community, that
> isn't visible to the rest of the world. Thank you for that, because
> your dedication is a big driving force behind the project.

Thanks a lot, David! It makes a lot of fun, but sometimes, too many
things come at one point of time. Last week kept me busy with a server
migration. Basically, it should have worked out in one day, but the old
machine was so much cluttered, that it took me three full days to get
things going, which screwed up my plannings a bit. :-(

> Would you really not have time to roll it out *now*, and leave me to
> do the last work with the site being live? January 10 is nearly 3
> weeks away...

I will see if I can manage it before Christmas, but today is nearly not
possible, I fear. Am out of the house most of the day.

> In any case, I do understand your POV, and I certainly wish you a
> happy and restful holiday. Come back to us fresh and revitalized.

Thank you very much! I direly need it, had no vacation this year, so a
few days off are very much welcome. ;)

> In the New Year, maybe you can try and delegate more work?

Yeah, sometimes it just doesn't work out. I will see if maybe some of my
admin colleagues can have a look at this one...

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: [steering-discuss] Re: Website status

Hi Florian, :-)

All pages now have content on them. I've still got work massaging the
content: inserting more screenshots (I've got them ready already),
adding more pages under "Get Involved", add some sub-pages on the home
page, polish and rewrite the content under "Features", improve and add
screenshots to the Macintosh installation instructions. But there is
sufficient reasonable content on each page to roll the site out. I
will keep working on all this for a day or two more, and will then be
looking for more comments from people. There will be plenty of things
to discuss.

Anyway, I know you'll do what you can, and thank you again for that.
In any case, I hope your holiday will be a good one. The site will be
in great shape when you get back. ;-)

David Nelson

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 15:49, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> David Nelson wrote on 2010-12-20 01.56:
>
>> You will have noticed that I've been putting in time on the website
>> content every day. It's taken longer than I envisioned because it
>> takes time to develop the content of each page (there's always some
>> "auxiliary" work to do for each one). But the site is largely ready
>> now. I'll still be finishing over the next couple of days.
>
> thanks a lot for your work, David, that's really much appreciated!
>
>> I realize how much time and work you put in for the community, that
>> isn't visible to the rest of the world. Thank you for that, because
>> your dedication is a big driving force behind the project.
>
> Thanks a lot, David! It makes a lot of fun, but sometimes, too many things
> come at one point of time. Last week kept me busy with a server migration.
> Basically, it should have worked out in one day, but the old machine was so
> much cluttered, that it took me three full days to get things going, which
> screwed up my plannings a bit. :-(
>
>> Would you really not have time to roll it out *now*, and leave me to
>> do the last work with the site being live? January 10 is nearly 3
>> weeks away...
>
> I will see if I can manage it before Christmas, but today is nearly not
> possible, I fear. Am out of the house most of the day.
>
>> In any case, I do understand your POV, and I certainly wish you a
>> happy and restful holiday. Come back to us fresh and revitalized.
>
> Thank you very much! I direly need it, had no vacation this year, so a few
> days off are very much welcome. ;)
>
>> In the New Year, maybe you can try and delegate more work?
>
> Yeah, sometimes it just doesn't work out. I will see if maybe some of my
> admin colleagues can have a look at this one...
>
> Florian
>
> --
> Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
> Steering Committee and Founding Member of The Document Foundation
> Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol

Re: [steering-discuss] Website status

Hi Florian, David, all,
Am 20.12.2010 01:56, schrieb David Nelson:
> Hi Florian, :-)
>
> You will have noticed that I've been putting in time on the website
> content every day. It's taken longer than I envisioned because it
> takes time to develop the content of each page (there's always some
> "auxiliary" work to do for each one). But the site is largely ready
> now. I'll still be finishing over the next couple of days.
If we release the page January 10th the NLs have time to translate your
essential and great work. So the NLs have two weeks for it.
I think we should release not only the English page but also the
translated pages at the same time. There is for example no translation
for www.documentfoundation.org in german and I think we should not do
this wtih www.libreoffice.org.

Maybe we can compile a little todo/wishing list ("because it is X-mas")
for the people who want to do sth. on the website during X-mas.
For example we need a decision about the second navbar vs. sidebar.
And - if we go online after 10th - about the layout:
David wanted some revision about line spacing, headlines etc. but - as I
know - there are no defined devices/examples to put it in the css.

--
k-j

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: [steering-discuss] Website status

Hi Klaus, :-)

I definitely think we should take the site live ASAP. You will see
that it will really dynamize work on the site and its content, and our
end users urgently need this resource. IMHO, the project has suffered
badly from the failure to put a credible website online *long ago* and
we should not wait any more.

The German community can work peacefully on its NL site, but the main
site really should go live as soon as feasible. We will benefit from a
lot of user feedback and participation, and will really bring more
life to the project.

Only small tweaks are *urgently* needed, and I will follow up on these
with Christian. Everyone will react with more immediacy and enthusiasm
when it's a "real" live site and not just some "dead" unvisited
staging thing.

IMHO, we need to switch over as soon as Florian is able to find the
time. Many things are depending on it.

David Nelson

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: [steering-discuss] Website status

Florian Effenberger wrote (19-12-10 23:44)

> I'll try to make it before, but I can't promise. As we will release LibO
> 3.3 not before January, and during Christmas most people are away
> anyways, I hope this doesn't cause too many issues.

I think the delay fits perfect in the delay with others of us, and the
tasks.
So pls don't worry ;-)

  - Cor

bedipp bedipp

Re: Website status

Hi David, Klaus-Jürgen, all,

please re-read what Florian wrote in this thread:
> I can't make any promises with regards to leaving out the "test" of
> the website before Christmas, as this requires some more
> infrastructure work.

In my understanding this means: He wants to put the page live (without
"test") *as soon as possible*.

But because of the necessary infrastructure this will take more than a
few days - thus possibly leading to the page update only in January.

So Florian can't bring up the website *now* - that's a great pity
(especially with regards to the immense work David put into the site
during the last week), but we can't do anything against it.

Florian's day is not longer than 24h - and his life doesn't consist of
LibreOffice alone.

What I'd like to ask is:

Would it be a possible intermediate solution to do a redirect from
http://www.libreoffice.org to http://www.test.libreoffice.org ?

It would allow direct access to the new website for the public, even if
the links would contain the "test" part. (If we want to, we could add a
short info text in the footer about removing the "test" part in near future)

I don't think that linking to the "test" site is more problematic than
linking to http://www.documentfoundation.org as it is done now.

Could this be a possible solution?

Florian: Would it be possible to do such a redirect earlier?

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I understand Klaus-Jürgen's comment as possibility to use the time
until the launch - not as an attempt to delay it.

PPS: I still believe, that the visible part of the main page should not
contain more than a few lines of text, a download button (can lead to
the download page) and links to the most interesting areas. Twitter and
blog in the "scrolling area" are ok, but I think a "news" area is more
important than those tow.

PPPS: The graphic on the main page links to http:///download/ (not a
relative link...)

Re: Website status

Hi Bernhard, *,

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Bernhard Dippold
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> Would it be a possible intermediate solution to do a redirect from
> http://www.libreoffice.org to http://www.test.libreoffice.org ?

Providing the DNS name is not the problem, the question is more about
handling of the mailinglists.

those are currently under <code>.libreoffice.org/lists/name

Thus when removing the "list", the list archives would be inaccessible.

Thus to make the move:
* the list's configuration has to be changed to move the list
archives, the footers need to change, so that they contain the new
location etc.

But Florian posted some hints on where to look out for things to
fellow admins, so if people are brave enough, those have a "go" from
his side to tackle it.

ciao
Christian

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Website status

Hi Klaus, Bernhard, Florian, all, :-)

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 05:38, Bernhard Dippold
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> So Florian can't bring up the website *now* - that's a great pity
> (especially with regards to the immense work David put into the site during
> the last week), but we can't do anything against it.
>
> Florian's day is not longer than 24h - and his life doesn't consist of
> LibreOffice alone.

Yes, I understand this. I hope very much he *will* manage it but, if
really he can't, I will dissipate my great disappointment and think
laterally.

> PS: I understand Klaus-Jürgen's comment as possibility to use the time until
> the launch - not as an attempt to delay it.

Yes, well if ever Florian can't launch the site then we should think
positively and use the intervening time usefully. Xmas list.

> PPS: I still believe, that the visible part of the main page should not
> contain more than a few lines of text, a download button (can lead to the
> download page) and links to the most interesting areas. Twitter and blog in
> the "scrolling area" are ok, but I think a "news" area is more important
> than those tow.

I will put at least a download button above the home page text, but
did not get around to it yet. You will notice that I *have* been
listening to people's comments, and complying with most of them.

The problem is that the current theme is very narrow, and limits what
you can place on the page quite a lot. That applies to the top menu
bar, the side menu and the actual content area.

IMHO, I would scrap the current theme and make a new one. I've never
done a SilverStripe theme before, but once you've hacked themes for a
couple of CMS's, you can hack them for another. I bet it would only
take me a few days. If one of you SilverSite CSS/theming gurus helped
out, I bet we could do it even quicker...

I would propose a theme based on the theme at
libreofficeaustralia.org. Take a look at screenshots [1] and [2]. The
design perfectly fits the current marketing color scheme and graphic
charter. It's simple but very Web 2.0. It's based on the Fusion theme
for Drupal. It gives a lot more space and scope for nicely laying out
the content, with lots of nice big screenshots, etc.

Florian, Christian, if you gave me access to SSH/FTP into
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/ then I could set a new theme up there
and work on it. Then Christian could install it on the
test.libreoffice.org/libreoffice.org site when it was ready.

What do you think, guys?

a) We'd get a lot more flexibility with the content.
b) If ever there is a changeover to a Drupal site, there will be no
visual break... the roll-over could be almost invisible.

> PPPS: The graphic on the main page links to http:///download/ (not a
> relative link...)

I know. I had to hack the HTML/CSS to make the shuffler look OK. I'm
waiting for Christian to deal with the fix I already requested. So
it's a temporary thing.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/6/65/Liboaustralia-screenshot1.png
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/14/Liboaustralia-screenshot2.png

David Nelson

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Website status

Hi Bernhard, :-)

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> PPS: I still believe, that the visible part of the main page should not
> contain more than a few lines of text, a download button (can lead to the
> download page) and links to the most interesting areas.

Please give me a suggestion for the "few lines of text" then.

>Twitter and blog in
> the "scrolling area" are ok, but I think a "news" area is more important
> than those tow.

Christian, is there a dedicated news/blogging module for SilverStripe?

David Nelson

Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Website status

Hi David, *,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:05 AM, David Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 05:38, Bernhard Dippold
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Twitter and blog in
>> the "scrolling area" are ok, but I think a "news" area is more important
>> than those tow.
>
> Christian, is there a dedicated news/blogging module for SilverStripe?

Well - there is a blog module, yes (meant for providing blogs
yourself), and regarding news: You can of course add a news section as
well. Similar to how the FAQ-items are automatically collected, one
can collect news items.
And you can create a area on the page that shows the X latest news entries.

The basics on how to do it are laid out in the basic tutorials of silverstripe
http://doc.silverstripe.org/tutorial:2-extending-a-basic-site

If it is just about providing an RSS feed: You can turn pretty much
everything into a RSS feed with silverstripe...

The real questions is: Do we want to add news via the CMS or not.

ciao
Christian

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:35 AM, David Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 05:38, Bernhard Dippold
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
> IMHO, I would scrap the current theme and make a new one. I've never
> done a SilverStripe theme before, but once you've hacked themes for a
> couple of CMS's, you can hack them for another.

You don't hack a theme for silverstripe, you create a css for nicely
created HTML :-))

The cms specific parts should be reduced to a minimum, as I think the
html it creates is semantic enough, and not layout-dependent :-)

> I bet it would only
> take me a few days. If one of you SilverSite CSS/theming gurus helped
> out, I bet we could do it even quicker...

Well, I wouldn't tackle this.
Feedback from the marketing/design/branding front is rather sparse, as
very few people have time these days, so I fear that it ends up like
"Nice, you got a theme, but unfortunately it doesn't match our vision
for future branding" or similar....

I personally don't like the libreofficeaustralia theme as it is now.
Header much too high, language selection doesn't work (something
opens, but that something is covered almost entirely by grey
background, no selection possioble, etc.
Visit it with german locale and you're locked out basically, as it
then also doesn't even offer navigation, etc. So from first looks:
Nah, needs work.

> Florian, Christian, if you gave me access to SSH/FTP into
> http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/ then I could set a new theme up there

No need to have access, the theme is in git:
https://github.com/tdf/cms-themes you can download a zip or tar.gz
there using the download button and you can create an export of the
site using
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/StaticExporter/export?baseurl=relative
This will get you a html.tar.gz  - copy the cms-themes folder of the
git download into the html folder as html/themes

Then hack around. Don't bother about the silvertsripe templates, just
add the html you wish there would be, I can then adapt the templates.
The templates are included in the cms-themes as well, so feel free to
have a look, it needs some refactoring anyway, (move common parts to
includes, do less duplication), but they are pretty straightforward in
either case.
http://doc.silverstripe.org/templates

> What do you think, guys?

See above. A redesign will very likely have to wait until people are
able to provide input. The discussion on how the navigation should
look for example didn't receive much feedback yet, so whatever you
would do, it would be on a very fragile basis.

> a) We'd get a lot more flexibility with the content.
> b) If ever there is a changeover to a Drupal site, there will be no
> visual break... the roll-over could be almost invisible.

This is a non-argument. Drupal can adapt to whatever we create on
silverstripe, etc.

>> PPPS: The graphic on the main page links to http:///download/ (not a
>> relative link...)
>
> I know. I had to hack the HTML/CSS to make the shuffler look OK.

Huh? What does the link have to do with it? You already fixed the
images, the link is completely independent of the
images/photo-shuffler. But I'll fix it nevertheless...

ciao
Christian

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Website status

Hi Christian, :-)

Thanks for your reply. OK, I've noted about working with the git repo.
Let's see if there's any kind of go-ahead from Florian and Christoph.
If we wait for answers from everyone, we'll never get anywhere and the
subject will just drown in circular, endless discussions. My aim would
be to do something concrete real soon. Let's see what's said...

> I personally don't like the libreofficeaustralia theme as it is now.
> Header much too high, language selection doesn't work (something
> opens, but that something is covered almost entirely by grey
> background, no selection possioble, etc.
> Visit it with german locale and you're locked out basically, as it
> then also doesn't even offer navigation, etc. So from first looks:
> Nah, needs work.

I'm only talking about achieving the same presentation as on that
site, so we're not really worried about what doesn't work on that
site. But it's a clean presentation that will allow us to make the
SilverStripe site and content look good quickly, and it basically fits
the graphic charter...

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/6/65/Liboaustralia-screenshot1.png
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/14/Liboaustralia-screenshot2.png

P.S. My advice would be not to get into arguments with stupid people
deliberately spamming the thread with irrelevant off-topic comments.
They do it deliberately to break up the intelligent discussion...

David Nelson

Am 21.12.2010 04:22, schrieb David Nelson:

> [2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/14/Liboaustralia-screenshot2.png
IMHO such a pulldown menu isn'nt good for the content we present.
Especially the content of "Product" and "Get involved" should be visible
all the time when you are in this thread. Otherwise you need links in
the context. And this blows up the content.

> P.S. My advice would be not to get into arguments with stupid people
> deliberately spamming the thread with irrelevant off-topic comments.
> They do it deliberately to break up the intelligent discussion...
Can you explain what you mean with this postscript, please? The almost
postings of the people here were to get a better website.

--
Greetings
k-j

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Website status

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:00 PM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
> Am 21.12.2010 04:22, schrieb David Nelson:
>>
>> [2]
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/14/Liboaustralia-screenshot2.png
>
> IMHO such a pulldown menu isn'nt good for the content we present. Especially
> the content of "Product" and "Get involved" should be visible all the time
> when you are in this thread. Otherwise you need links in the context. And
> this blows up the content.

KJ,
The screenshot you have raised is not the test.libreoffice.org site
that will be launched soon. You are looking at the longer term Drupal
development project that will likely replace the Silverstripe site
next year at some point.

We are refining the content, and the front page to include clearly
visible links to the areas you have raised. If you see Carlos'
proposed plan for the front page I think this will address your
concerns about presenting users with these options.
http://www.cjenkins.net/files/LibO_Website_Design_Proposal_DrupalDevTeam.tar.gz

Carlos' plan is still under review by the design group. If you wish to
input into this discussion please feel free to contact the design
mailing list, but as this site is a little while off launch the design
team have slightly higher priorities at this point in time.

Thanks for the concern and feedback,
Michael Wheatland

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: [steering-discuss] Re: Website status

Thanks a lot, David - for your great help and the nice words! ;)

David Nelson wrote on 2010-12-20 09.22:

> All pages now have content on them. I've still got work massaging the
> content: inserting more screenshots (I've got them ready already),
> adding more pages under "Get Involved", add some sub-pages on the home
> page, polish and rewrite the content under "Features", improve and add
> screenshots to the Macintosh installation instructions. But there is
> sufficient reasonable content on each page to roll the site out. I
> will keep working on all this for a day or two more, and will then be
> looking for more comments from people. There will be plenty of things
> to discuss.
>
> Anyway, I know you'll do what you can, and thank you again for that.
> In any case, I hope your holiday will be a good one. The site will be
> in great shape when you get back.;-)

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-website] Website status

Hi Michael!

Am Dienstag, den 21.12.2010, 17:08 +0930 schrieb Michael Wheatland:

> Carlos' plan is still under review by the design group. If you wish to
> input into this discussion please feel free to contact the design
> mailing list, but as this site is a little while off launch the design
> team have slightly higher priorities at this point in time.

I may have missed that ... although I've provided some feedback, I am
not aware there there is any "active" feedback phase.

But based on some of Carlos' ideas, I've did another mockup (intended
for the Silverstripe site design) which can be found here. This may look
like some kind of implicit feedback ;-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bbnG0Hny0SpccJIZsGp72A?feat=directlink

Bye,
Christoph

bedipp bedipp

Re: Website status

Hi David, all, :-)

David Nelson schrieb:

> Hi Klaus, Bernhard, Florian, all, :-)
>
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 05:38, Bernhard Dippold
> [...]
>> PPS: I still believe, that the visible part of the main page should not
>> contain more than a few lines of text, a download button (can lead to the
>> download page) and links to the most interesting areas. Twitter and blog in
>> the "scrolling area" are ok, but I think a "news" area is more important
>> than those tow.
>
> I will put at least a download button above the home page text, but
> did not get around to it yet. You will notice that I *have* been
> listening to people's comments, and complying with most of them.

Sorry if my posting had any negative taste - I didn't mean this at all.

> The problem is that the current theme is very narrow, and limits what
> you can place on the page quite a lot. That applies to the top menu
> bar, the side menu and the actual content area.

That's not a bug - it's a feature. ;-)

The main page shouldn't contain more than the most important information
for every visitor (or at least for the majority of them).

It must be readable in a few seconds - and then lead the visitor to the
area of interest.

I'll try to write something to show what I mean - don't know if this
will be possible today.

> [...]
>
> I would propose a theme based on the theme at
> libreofficeaustralia.org. Take a look at screenshots [1] and [2]. The
> design perfectly fits the current marketing color scheme and graphic
> charter. It's simple but very Web 2.0. It's based on the Fusion theme
> for Drupal. It gives a lot more space and scope for nicely laying out
> the content, with lots of nice big screenshots, etc.

I didn't comment on the Drupal page by now, because I didn't have the
time to have a closer look than just the first screenshots. This will
become one of my tasks after the LibO 3.3 release.

For the moment just a few remarks to your idea of using this theme for
the present website:

I can't see the screenshots without horizontal scrolling - something I
really would like to avoid.

I don't know the minimal window size necessary for the Drupal site to
look good, but here (with 1080px window width) the screenshot doesn't.

Colors look too dark for representing a libre and open office suite and
a contributor friendly community.

The entire text area is crowded - borders are too narrow, not enough
space over headings.

And I don't like drop-down menus on websites, because they modify the
visual impression very much.

But all of these point are manageable before the Drupal site will become
active - I just wanted to tell you, that I don't support using this
theme for the SilverStripe site.

> [...]
>
> What do you think, guys?
>
> a) We'd get a lot more flexibility with the content.

Please keep the minimum page width (without scrolling) of 990 px (some
netbooks only have 1024x768 displays - and these are the system
requirements for LibreOffice too).

At the moment the page content is about 100px less in width, and the
text area is just 700px - this could be broadened IMHO.

With 990px width the screenshot shuffler would cover not more than half
of the text area - this might be enough to correct the impression that
it would be the main content on the page.

I don't think that any text area broader than 800 px would allow us to
have a consistent look and feel on different screens.

This would mean to reduce the width of the content in a two-parted main
area to about 390 px, three part with 260 px are nearly that what we
have on the homepage besides the screenshot shuffler.

I don't think that we should divide the homepage in such small parts,
but for buttons / links / RSS feeds it might be a possible alternative.

Best regards

Bernhard

Wolf Halton Wolf Halton

Re: Website status

Remember the site will be viewed on smartphones. Current site is set at
%tages, it appears, as it displays well in a droid 2 screen.

Next » 12