Weird menu problem with 6.03 installed with Ubuntu 18.04

krackedpress krackedpress

Weird menu problem with 6.03 installed with Ubuntu 18.04

Just wanted you to know. . . .

On a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04, it installed LO 6.0.3, and all of
the toolbars did not show any icons properly.

I found out that the icon set was installed as Breeze Dark. So, changing
it to Tango made it work.  Even after purging LO from that system, and
then installing the latest 6.0.4, still had that problem.  Was "Breeze
Dark" the default icon set of LO 6.0.x? or was something else in the mix
to cause the problem[s]?

My head scratching issue was why was this set to Breeze Dark and that it
was corrupted.

ALSO, there was problems with the font install issues that happened to 3
clean install of Ubuntu 18.04. So, there are a lot of issues to deal with.

TomD TomD

Re: Weird menu problem with 6.03 installed with Ubuntu 18.04

Hi :)
Apparently the Ubuntu people had trouble with some theming and their
wallpaper design and it wasn't until the last minute that they pulled the
plug and went with a different wallpaper.  They hope to fix this by 18.04.1
which is apparently being moved forwards as a result.

Oddly i upgraded this time and i've not got those problems.  It's only
about the 2nd time i've ever gone with upgrading a desktop OS rather than
doing a fresh install.  Usually i set-up a 'new' partition and add the new
OS to my multi-boot.  "System rot" and cruft are inevitable, especially
when i have a phase of installing and configuring new things so it's
usually good to have a fresh start with a clean system.  Also i usually
like to be able to go back to the system i'm familiar with to get things
done if i'm in a rush.

So, it's ok on an upgrade and i'm not sure about the rumour about 18.04
wallpapers and themes or if it would have an effect on LO.
Regards from
a Tom :)

On 25 May 2018 at 21:55, Tim-L <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just wanted you to know. . . .
>
> On a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04, it installed LO 6.0.3, and all of the
> toolbars did not show any icons properly.
>
> I found out that the icon set was installed as Breeze Dark. So, changing
> it to Tango made it work.  Even after purging LO from that system, and then
> installing the latest 6.0.4, still had that problem.  Was "Breeze Dark" the
> default icon set of LO 6.0.x? or was something else in the mix to cause the
> problem[s]?
>
> My head scratching issue was why was this set to Breeze Dark and that it
> was corrupted.
>

> ALSO, there was problems with the font install issues that happened to 3
> clean install of Ubuntu 18.04. So, there are a lot of issues to deal with.

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Weird menu problem with 6.03 installed with Ubuntu 18.04

I had not trouble with their theming or wallpaper, but just the fact
that the icon set used in LO, by default, was not working. So, switching
to Tango icon theme for LO fixed it.  I have tried other LO icon set,
but Tango seems to be the one I go back to.  As for Ubuntu or actually
Ubntu-MATE, I tend to use one of the default MATE icon sets. I am use to
them and know what it looks like.

This LO non-working icon set was from both clean installs and an upgrade
from 16.04 to 17.10 to 18.04.

Once I get a replacement drive for this laptop, I will do a clean
install on this one too.  Actually this laptop [typing from] will get a
1TB drive, and its 500GB drive will replace a 160GB laptop drive with
over 26,000 bad sectors. This 500GB drive has no bad sectors, so it will
last a while longer for the one that came with 32 bit Windows Vista
[gag, gag, bad words]. I tend to keep working systems around till they
die and is only good for the parts to fix other older systems.