Weird runtime error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Tomáš Chvátal-2 Tomáš Chvátal-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Weird runtime error

Hi all,

after finally making my tinderbox build and install lo I get this
error when I try to launch any of the apps.

scarabeus@arcarius: ~ $ lowriter
terminate called after throwing an instance of
'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'

The problem here is that the install ended without any error, so I
really have no idea what is missing there.

Cheers

Tom
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Miklos Vajna-2 Miklos Vajna-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 03:12:01PM +0200, Tomáš Chvátal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> after finally making my tinderbox build and install lo I get this
> error when I try to launch any of the apps.
>
> scarabeus@arcarius: ~ $ lowriter
> terminate called after throwing an instance of
> 'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'
>
> The problem here is that the install ended without any error, so I
> really have no idea what is missing there.

Try mv ~/.config/libreoffice/ ~/.config/libreoffice.old?
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Jean-Baptiste_Faure Jean-Baptiste_Faure
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

In reply to this post by Tomáš Chvátal-2
Hi,

Le 23/04/2012 15:12, Tomáš Chvátal a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> after finally making my tinderbox build and install lo I get this
> error when I try to launch any of the apps.
>
> scarabeus@arcarius: ~ $ lowriter
> terminate called after throwing an instance of
> 'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'
>
> The problem here is that the install ended without any error, so I
> really have no idea what is missing there.

I had the same problem during the WE and this morning. Removing profile
directory did not solve the issue.

This afternoon I updated my copy of the master up to
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f3480645bd444649491942c501ec679a46eb8d09
Now this error is gone.

Note: build ID has disappeared from about LibreOffice screen.

Best regards.
JBF


--
Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.
Christina Roßmanith-2 Christina Roßmanith-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

In reply to this post by Miklos Vajna-2
Hi,

I observe the same error but moving ~/.config/libreoffice to
libreoffice.old does not help. More ideas?

Christina

Am 23.04.2012 15:17, schrieb Miklos Vajna:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 03:12:01PM +0200, Tomáš Chvátal<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> after finally making my tinderbox build and install lo I get this
>> error when I try to launch any of the apps.
>>
>> scarabeus@arcarius: ~ $ lowriter
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'
>>
>> The problem here is that the install ended without any error, so I
>> really have no idea what is missing there.
> Try mv ~/.config/libreoffice/ ~/.config/libreoffice.old?
> _______________________________________________
> LibreOffice mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Arnaud VERSINI Arnaud VERSINI
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

Hi,

This is the trace with --enable-dbgutil of this crash, no more

warn:desktop:12777:1:/media/Medias/core/desktop/source/app/app.cxx:702: UNO Exception: InvalidRegistryException: file:///media/Medias/core/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/../share/extensions/presenter-screen/components.rdb: duplicate <implementation name="com.sun.star.comp.Draw.framework.PresenterScreenJob">
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'


No more

Best regards

Le 23 avril 2012 19:49, Christina Roßmanith <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I observe the same error but moving ~/.config/libreoffice to libreoffice.old does not help. More ideas?

Christina

Am 23.04.2012 15:17, schrieb Miklos Vajna:

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 03:12:01PM +0200, Tomáš Chvátal<[hidden email]>  wrote:
after finally making my tinderbox build and install lo I get this
error when I try to launch any of the apps.

scarabeus@arcarius: ~ $ lowriter
terminate called after throwing an instance of
'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'

The problem here is that the install ended without any error, so I
really have no idea what is missing there.
Try mv ~/.config/libreoffice/ ~/.config/libreoffice.old?
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice



--
Arnaud Versini

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
David Tardon David Tardon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:28:09PM +0200, Arnaud Versini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the trace with --enable-dbgutil of this crash, no more
>
> warn:desktop:12777:1:/media/Medias/core/desktop/source/app/app.cxx:702: UNO
> Exception: InvalidRegistryException:
> file:///media/Medias/core/solver/unxlngx6/installation/opt/program/../share/extensions/presenter-screen/components.rdb:
> duplicate <implementation
> name="com.sun.star.comp.Draw.framework.PresenterScreenJob">
> terminate called after throwing an instance of
> 'com::sun::star::uno::DeploymentException'

Does commit 1f1f8ac4db7aa40f299a104927499e72d39fd932 "remove leftover
component_writeInfo" help?

d.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

In reply to this post by Jean-Baptiste_Faure
On 04/23/2012 03:35 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> I had the same problem during the WE and this morning. Removing profile
> directory did not solve the issue.
>
> This afternoon I updated my copy of the master up to
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f3480645bd444649491942c501ec679a46eb8d09
> Now this error is gone.

My
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c2fd9b533cfad18735df212cc7fd61443628dc0c>
"New cppu::defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext implementation"
could cause such errors for various reasons.

One was fixed with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0bbf79005a697c6781047c01f05eb660836a18e1>
"Do not fail for legacy rdb that only contains root key" and another was
fixed with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=015283bb50e8d0d8127ea7c06deda202441f051e>
"Trying to parse legacy rdb as XML can cause InvalidRegistryException, too".

But there is one more known problem remaining ("duplicate
<implementation
name='com.sun.star.comp.Draw.framework.PresenterScreenJob'>" that Miklos
and Arnaud ran into) that I have not yet fixed.

Stephan
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

On 04/24/2012 10:18 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> But there is one more known problem remaining ("duplicate
> <implementation
> name='com.sun.star.comp.Draw.framework.PresenterScreenJob'>" that Miklos
> and Arnaud ran into) that I have not yet fixed.

The cause for this should now be fixed with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=de562138eabd3ee3ecab28e5d1348a3fee7301e0>
"Bump extension versions after changing to passive registration" and
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2d2b19dea1ab401b1b4971ff5b12b87bb11fd666>
"Force ExtensionManager resync when the implementation changes."

However, those who ran into it (with a master build since
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c2fd9b533cfad18735df212cc7fd61443628dc0c>
"New cppu::defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext implementation")
need to manually remove the extensions/bundled and/or extensions/shared
folders from their per-user configuration data (e.g., on Linux
~/.config/libreoffice/3/user/exensions/bundled).  The corresponding data
should automatically be recreated on next start of LO.

Stephan
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Miklos Vajna-2 Miklos Vajna-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird runtime error

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 08:32:14PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The cause for this should now be fixed with <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=de562138eabd3ee3ecab28e5d1348a3fee7301e0>
> "Bump extension versions after changing to passive registration" and <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2d2b19dea1ab401b1b4971ff5b12b87bb11fd666>
> "Force ExtensionManager resync when the implementation changes."
>
> However, those who ran into it (with a master build since <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c2fd9b533cfad18735df212cc7fd61443628dc0c>
> "New cppu::defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext implementation")
> need to manually remove the extensions/bundled and/or
> extensions/shared folders from their per-user configuration data
> (e.g., on Linux ~/.config/libreoffice/3/user/exensions/bundled).
> The corresponding data should automatically be recreated on next
> start of LO.

Indeed, just renaming bundled was enough, thanks for your fixes.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice