Welcome!

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Welcome!

Hi all!

Welcome on our brand new list ... I'm happy to have you all here and to
continue to discuss with you all the thrilling ideas to make LibO (every
aspect of it - software, website, ...) more usable, and more visually
pleasing.

But, who are "you"? My question to "you" - who is already subscribed to
this list? If we miss some people, we should promote this new mailing
list to get all the helping hands we'll need in the next time :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Welcome!

Hello world

Michael Wheatland

Ron Faile Ron Faile

Re: Welcome!

Hi Christoph & Michael,

This promises to be an exciting list to be in on. Look forward to
working with you all.

A little about me...I've been helping out with the documentation and
gearing it to LibO. I've also put together some ideas about the UI. You
can find them here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Default_UI_Improvements#Default_UI_Improvements

Most of the items listed, including what's in the UI Improvements file,
are things that can be done easily and I think would improve the users
experience.

Ron

Thorsten Wilms Thorsten Wilms

Re: Welcome!

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 23:34 +0100, Christoph Noack wrote:

> But, who are "you"? My question to "you" - who is already subscribed to
> this list?

\o

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Welcome!

Le 2010-11-22 17:34, Christoph Noack a écrit :

> Hi all!
>
> Welcome on our brand new list ... I'm happy to have you all here and to
> continue to discuss with you all the thrilling ideas to make LibO (every
> aspect of it - software, website, ...) more usable, and more visually
> pleasing.
>
> But, who are "you"? My question to "you" - who is already subscribed to
> this list? If we miss some people, we should promote this new mailing
> list to get all the helping hands we'll need in the next time :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Bonjour! :-)

--
Marc Paré
http://www.parEntreprise.com

yorick yorick

Re: Welcome!

On Tuesday 23 November 2010 11:34:05 Christoph Noack wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Welcome on our brand new list ... I'm happy to have you all here and to
> continue to discuss with you all the thrilling ideas to make LibO (every
> aspect of it - software, website, ...) more usable, and more visually
> pleasing.
>
> But, who are "you"? My question to "you" - who is already subscribed to
> this list? If we miss some people, we should promote this new mailing
> list to get all the helping hands we'll need in the next time :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Tena koe

GL

Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Moderator New Zealand
www.theingots.org.nz

Michel RENON Michel RENON

Re: Welcome!

Le 22/11/10 23:34, Christoph Noack a écrit :

> Hi all!
>
> Welcome on our brand new list ... I'm happy to have you all here and to
> continue to discuss with you all the thrilling ideas to make LibO (every
> aspect of it - software, website, ...) more usable, and more visually
> pleasing.
>
> But, who are "you"? My question to "you" - who is already subscribed to
> this list? If we miss some people, we should promote this new mailing
> list to get all the helping hands we'll need in the next time :-)

I'm Michel.
I'm an OpenOffice user for 5 years (on Mac OS & Ubuntu).
I've been coding for 20 years : pascal, C and c++ on Mac OS, database,
php, and now python (OpenERP).
Recently, I also became a teacher for adults (teaching to use free
software). And I've always been interested in creating ergonomic software.
I made a proposal for the Renaissance project (but due to time
constraints, it was not complete : I should work again on it !)
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Proposal_by_Michel_Renon

I won't have a lot of time to code for LibreOffice, but I would like to
share design ideas.

In his last blog entry [1], Charles said that parts of the Renaissance
project will be integrated into LibreOffice. But what about the "default
settings" subproject [2] ? I find it very important.

Thanks,

Michel

[1]
http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2010/11/21/the-renaissance-of-the-renaissance-project/

[2]
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience/Improving_OOo_Default_Settings

mirek2 mirek2

Re: Welcome!

Hi everyone,
I'm subscribed, but it looks like I won't have much time to contribute in
the coming weeks.
Still, I'm really looking forward to at least reading some of the spirited
discussions that'll take place on here.
:)

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Welcome!

Le 2010-11-22 17:34, Christoph Noack a écrit :

> Hi all!
>
> Welcome on our brand new list ... I'm happy to have you all here and to
> continue to discuss with you all the thrilling ideas to make LibO (every
> aspect of it - software, website, ...) more usable, and more visually
> pleasing.
>
> But, who are "you"? My question to "you" - who is already subscribed to
> this list? If we miss some people, we should promote this new mailing
> list to get all the helping hands we'll need in the next time :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Is it me or does this list seem too sparse? Maybe some of the people on
the marketing mailist are not really aware of the division of roles? Or
is it that there are really only these members? Maybe make another
announcement on the marketing mailist?

Marc

--
Marc Paré
http://www.parEntreprise.com

bedipp bedipp

Re: Welcome!

Hi Marc,

Marc Paré schrieb:
> Le 2010-11-22 17:34, Christoph Noack a écrit :
>> [...] who is already subscribed to
>> this list? If we miss some people, we should promote this new mailing
>> list to get all the helping hands we'll need in the next time :-)
 > [...]
> Is it me or does this list seem too sparse? Maybe some of the people on
> the marketing mailist are not really aware of the division of roles?

If people are reading the relevant threads on the marketing list, they
should be aware.
> Or
> is it that there are really only these members? Maybe make another
> announcement on the marketing mailist?

I'd wait another few days - and we can point any new design thread on
the marketing list here.

The existing threads over there shouldn't move IMHO, because the
information contained there should stay together.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I didn't add my "Hi, I'm here too" to this thread because I hoped
you did already know... ;-)

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Welcome!

Hi Bernhard, hi Marc, all!

I planned to write a blog post concerning the new list ... although we
may then loose one of the best characteristics of this new list: having
manageable traffic ;-)

@ Mirek: Thanks for your contributions. I'm looking forward to have you
back ... we really miss some UX talents, the guys at the development
lists do have more and more requests with regard to available
functionality.

Cheers,
Christoph

Am Dienstag, den 23.11.2010, 22:30 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
> If people are reading the relevant threads on the marketing list, they
> should be aware.

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Welcome!

Hi all!

I published the blog posting:
http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-sometimes-all-about-design.html

Good night,
Christoph

Am Dienstag, den 23.11.2010, 23:42 +0100 schrieb Christoph Noack:
> I planned to write a blog post concerning the new list ... although we
> may then loose one of the best characteristics of this new list:
> having
> manageable traffic ;-)

John Baer John Baer

Re: Welcome!

John Baer
Ubuntu Community
Open source advocate

:-)

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Welcome on our brand new list ... I'm happy to have you all here and to
> continue to discuss with you all the thrilling ideas to make LibO (every
> aspect of it - software, website, ...) more usable, and more visually
> pleasing.
>
> But, who are "you"? My question to "you" - who is already subscribed to
> this list? If we miss some people, we should promote this new mailing
> list to get all the helping hands we'll need in the next time :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Carlos Jenkins Carlos Jenkins

Re: Welcome!