What happened to "My Templates"?

James Knott-2 James Knott-2

What happened to "My Templates"?

I recently updated LibreOffice to v6.1.3.2 on openSUSE 15.1.  One thing
I've noticed is my own templates are now mixed in with the provided
templates.  Why was this done?  I now have to sort through several
templates, that I have no use for, to find the ones I created.

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: What happened to "My Templates"?

On 6/19/19 4:21 PM, James Knott wrote:
> I recently updated LibreOffice to v6.1.3.2 on openSUSE 15.1.  One thing
> I've noticed is my own templates are now mixed in with the provided
> templates.  Why was this done?  I now have to sort through several
> templates, that I have no use for, to find the ones I created.

    I make a habit of using the LibreOffice versions from
www.libreoffice.org rather than from my operating system. i have found
over the years that O/S versions have some bugs that LO versions do not.
This may be the case here.

    More importantly, I also use the Manage Templates options. This
gives me two drop down lists in which to restrict which templates are
displayed. The first  contains a list of applications. The second one
contains a list of categories which includes My Templates. All of my
templates are Documents, so I select this it. Under Categories, I select
My Templates. When I view the templates displayed, only one of them is
not my personal created templates: Standard. So, I do not get the same
results as you have.

    You might also be able to move the undesirable templates to other
categories.

Dan

JPS JPS

On 19.06.19 22:21, James Knott wrote:
> I recently updated LibreOffice to v6.1.3.2 on openSUSE 15.1.  One thing
> I've noticed is my own templates are now mixed in with the provided
> templates.  Why was this done?  I now have to sort through several
> templates, that I have no use for, to find the ones I created.

File → Templates → Manage Templates → Filter: My Templates

James Knott-2 James Knott-2

On 2019-06-19 11:18 PM, JPS wrote:
> On 19.06.19 22:21, James Knott wrote:
>> I recently updated LibreOffice to v6.1.3.2 on openSUSE 15.1.  One thing
>> I've noticed is my own templates are now mixed in with the provided
>> templates.  Why was this done?  I now have to sort through several
>> templates, that I have no use for, to find the ones I created.
>>
> File → Templates → Manage Templates → Filter: My Templates

That's where I'm seeing my templates mixed in with the provided templates.

James Knott-2 James Knott-2

On 2019-06-20 06:42 AM, James Knott wrote:

> On 2019-06-19 11:18 PM, JPS wrote:
>> On 19.06.19 22:21, James Knott wrote:
>>> I recently updated LibreOffice to v6.1.3.2 on openSUSE 15.1.  One thing
>>> I've noticed is my own templates are now mixed in with the provided
>>> templates.  Why was this done?  I now have to sort through several
>>> templates, that I have no use for, to find the ones I created.
>>>
>> File → Templates → Manage Templates → Filter: My Templates
>>

> That's where I'm seeing my templates mixed in with the provided templates.

Never mind.  Found it.