What is "desktop-like features?" in Writer.

jihui.choi jihui.choi

What is "desktop-like features?" in Writer.

Hello, all.

I'm translating  a wiki page,
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office#Word_processors:_LibreOffice_Writer_vs._Microsoft_Word

There is a phrase
"Frames desktop-like features like text in multiple columns and
text-wrap around graphics concept of "horizontal frames" is more
limited"

I can't get what "desktop-like features" is. Does this mean DTP?
Please let me know it.

Jihui Choi

Re: What is "desktop-like features?" in Writer.

Hi *,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Jihui Choi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm translating  a wiki page,
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office#Word_processors:_LibreOffice_Writer_vs._Microsoft_Word
>
> There is a phrase
> "Frames desktop-like features like text in multiple columns and
> text-wrap around graphics       concept of "horizontal frames" is more
> limited"
>
> I can't get what "desktop-like features" is. Does this mean DTP?
> Please let me know it.

Yes, I think it should have been desktop-publishing like features.

ciao
Christian