What is the baseline for sdremote?

Christian Lohmaier-3 Christian Lohmaier-3

What is the baseline for sdremote?

Hi *,

There's some conflicting information as to what android api level is the baseline for the sdremote.

The make file/build.XML advertises level 14, but there's a custom ui file for level 11 and then it also uses helper lib meant to support even older ones...

Probably the question is what is the oldest version that devs own/can test on?

Given the helper libs and ui files, my guess is that it once did support older version, but later the baseline was raised - intentionally or not?

I'm asking because the way it handles Bluetooth annoys me so I had a look at the code and android api. No need to always scan for new devices, no need to force the computer to visible. Just list known, already bonded devices and make scanning optional... (May or ma not be related to the scanning: the remote frequently confuses my device so that I have to reboot to be able to use BT again and also when it manages to connect to LibreOffice often I don't get the slides)

Ciao
Christian
PS: I only have a 4.2.1 based device (api level 17)

Miklos Vajna-4 Miklos Vajna-4

Re: What is the baseline for sdremote?

[ Adding experts to CC. ]

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 12:20:09PM +0100, Christian Lohmaier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's some conflicting information as to what android api level is the
> baseline for the sdremote.
>
> The make file/build.XML advertises level 14, but there's a custom ui file
> for level 11 and then it also uses helper lib meant to support even older
> ones...
>
> Probably the question is what is the oldest version that devs own/can test
> on?
>
> Given the helper libs and ui files, my guess is that it once did support
> older version, but later the baseline was raised - intentionally or not?
>
> I'm asking because the way it handles Bluetooth annoys me so I had a look
> at the code and android api. No need to always scan for new devices, no
> need to force the computer to visible. Just list known, already bonded
> devices and make scanning optional... (May or ma not be related to the
> scanning: the remote frequently confuses my device so that I have to reboot
> to be able to use BT again and also when it manages to connect to
> LibreOffice often I don't get the slides)

Artur Dryomov Artur Dryomov

Re: What is the baseline for sdremote?

Hi Christian,

The lowest supported API version is 10, it is declared at the AndroidManifest.xml as minSdkVersion.

Regards,
Artur.
Christian Lohmaier-3 Christian Lohmaier-3

Re: What is the baseline for sdremote?

Hi Artur, *,

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Artur Dryomov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The lowest supported API version is 10, it is declared at the AndroidManifest.xml as minSdkVersion.

Thanks - I was confused by the target version that is set to 14 in the
.project file...

ciao
Christian