What's New in Evolution 3.6

Tom Tom

What's New in Evolution 3.6

Hi :)
There has been some discussion on the Users List about email clients.  It seems LibreOffice is compatible with quite a few and people might be interested to hear about a new release of one of the larger ones.  Larger and more like a drop-in replacement for MS Outlook.  It's not a new project but it's still developing quite fast.

>________________________________

Mas/_gemini Mas/_gemini

Re: What's New in Evolution 3.6

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Tom Davies <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi :)
> There has been some discussion on the Users List about email clients.  It
> seems LibreOffice is compatible with quite a few and people might be
> interested to hear about a new release of one of the larger ones.  Larger
> and more like a drop-in replacement for MS Outlook.  It's not a new project
> but it's still developing quite fast.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>

> >________________________________

Masekela Walls
Web Security Analyst | Senior Server Administrator
Powserve.com / Gemini ISP Networks

NoOp NoOp

[OT] Re: What's New in Evolution 3.6

On 09/19/2012 08:45 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :) There has been some discussion on the Users List about email
> clients.  It seems LibreOffice is compatible with quite a few and
> people might be interested to hear about a new release of one of the
> larger ones.  Larger and more like a drop-in replacement for MS
> Outlook.  It's not a new project but it's still developing quite
> fast.
>
> Regards from Tom :)

Should we start posting every 6 week update/release of Mozilla email
clients (Thunderbird and SeaMonkey) as well. How about Microsoft
Internet Explorer, or Opera, CLAWS, others?

Seems to me that these posts are off topic: unless of course you have
some new information on how the new release of Evolution does/does not'
interface, etc., with LO.

Tom Tom

Re: [OT] Re: What's New in Evolution 3.6

Hi :)
I think it would be interesting to hear about Claws and Opera every once in a while.  Most projects don't have a major new release every 6 weeks.  People are probably aware of MS's email-clients and Mozilla's Thunderbird.

Mozilla might listen&respond to bug-reports posted against their alpha and beta releases so it might be good to hear of their major new upgrades but i thought Mozilla had stopped putting paid dev time into Thunderbird so a lot of people might be looking for alternatives right about now.

On 09/19/2012 08:45 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :) There has been some discussion on the Users List about email
> clients.  It seems LibreOffice is compatible with quite a few and
> people might be interested to hear about a new release of one of the
> larger ones.  Larger and more like a drop-in replacement for MS
> Outlook.  It's not a new project but it's still developing quite
> fast.
>
> Regards from Tom :)

Should we start posting every 6 week update/release of Mozilla email
clients (Thunderbird and SeaMonkey) as well. How about Microsoft
Internet Explorer, or Opera, CLAWS, others?

Seems to me that these posts are off topic: unless of course you have
some new information on how the new release of Evolution does/does not'
interface, etc., with LO.

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: [OT] Re: What's New in Evolution 3.6

Oh yes! Show us more software you have nothing to tell about.