What's syntax of xforms Edit Element Constraint Condition?

Larry Evans Larry Evans

What's syntax of xforms Edit Element Constraint Condition?

I'm using LibreOffice 3.5.7.2 with Build ID: 350m1(Build:2) running on
ubuntu:

~/temp $ uname -a
Linux evansl-Inspiron-531 3.2.0-54-generic #82-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10
20:08:42 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

When creating an XML Form Document, I'm having trouble using the
editor for my instance data.  The interface looked about like the
following:

Element ---------------
  Name           [Tax]
  Default Value  [.01]
Settings --------------
Data Type       [Floating point]
[ ] Required    [Condition]
[ ] Relevant    [Condition]
[ ] Constraint  [Condition]
[ ] Read-only   [Condition]
[ ] Calculate   [Condition]

I checked the Constraint row, expecting that when I then
clicked on the [Condition] button, I would be able to provide
some expression, such as:

   0 < Tax

However, when I started to enter this, I got as far as:

   0 <

and the message:

   Error during evaluation

appeared in the Result window.  When I completed the entry to arrive
at:

   0 < Tax

the message:

   False

appeared in the Result window.  So, I just tried:

   Tax

and got a blank Result window.

What sort of expression is expected in the Condition window?
The help button just sent me to:

   _Condition_

   Enter a condition

   _Result_

   Displays a preview of the result

which wasn't any help.

Thanks for any help.

-regards,
Larry

Larry Evans Larry Evans

Re: What's syntax of xforms Edit Element Constraint Condition?

On 10/12/13 09:45, Larry Evans wrote:

> I'm using LibreOffice 3.5.7.2 with Build ID: 350m1(Build:2) running on
> ubuntu:
>
> ~/temp $ uname -a
> Linux evansl-Inspiron-531 3.2.0-54-generic #82-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10
> 20:08:42 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> When creating an XML Form Document, I'm having trouble using the
> editor for my instance data.  The interface looked about like the
> following:
>
> Element ---------------
>   Name           [Tax]
>   Default Value  [.01]
> Settings --------------
> Data Type       [Floating point]
> [ ] Required    [Condition]
> [ ] Relevant    [Condition]
> [ ] Constraint  [Condition]
> [ ] Read-only   [Condition]
> [ ] Calculate   [Condition]
>
> I checked the Constraint row, expecting that when I then
> clicked on the [Condition] button, I would be able to provide
> some expression, such as:
>
>    0 < Tax
>
> However, when I started to enter this, I got as far as:
>
>    0 <
>
> and the message:
>
>    Error during evaluation
>
> appeared in the Result window.  When I completed the entry to arrive
> at:
>
>    0 < Tax
>
> the message:
>
>    False
>
> appeared in the Result window.  So, I just tried:
>
>    Tax
>
> and got a blank Result window.
>
> What sort of expression is expected in the Condition window?
> The help button just sent me to:
>
>    _Condition_
>
>    Enter a condition
>
>    _Result_
>
>    Displays a preview of the result
>
> which wasn't any help.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -regards,
> Larry

The links on page 25 of:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/e/e3/WG4015-UsingFormsInWriter.pdf

are being a big help.

Other's might find them useful.

-Larry

nabbler nabbler

On 14/10/2013, Larry Evans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/e/e3/WG4015-UsingFormsInWriter.pdf
>
> Other's might find them useful.

Yes, thanks.

Anyone aware of the ability to use writer xforms with an xml database,
i.e. to avoid an SQL database system?

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: What's syntax of xforms Edit Element Constraint Condition?

Le 17/01/2014 12:04, e-letter a écrit :

Hi,

> Anyone aware of the ability to use writer xforms with an xml database,
> i.e. to avoid an SQL database system?

Not that I know of, my understanding was that you needed a server
instance of some kind to host your forms and have a data store for your
xml data. Perhaps you could do this with LO by starting it in server
mode accepting incoming connections and opening an XML form on first
start, but I have no idea whether that works in practice.

Alex

nabbler nabbler

On 17/01/2014, Alex Thurgood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 17/01/2014 12:04, e-letter a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>

>> Anyone aware of the ability to use writer xforms with an xml database,
>> i.e. to avoid an SQL database system?
>>

> Not that I know of, my understanding was that you needed a server
> instance of some kind to host your forms and have a data store for your
> xml data. Perhaps you could do this with LO by starting it in server
> mode accepting incoming connections and opening an XML form on first
> start, but I have no idea whether that works in practice.

The concept is to use a tool such as basex or existdb as an xml
database server, so LO server mode should be necessary. LO would be
used to create and populate a form "offline", then send via e-mail to
the server to be processed.