What works in one file not in other help please.

Budge Budge

What works in one file not in other help please.

I am trying to do a VLOOKUP to fill in data from one sheet into another.

This works between existing related files which are from previous
month's quarter but not for my new data for this quarter.  Other than
actual entries the files are the same.

Is there a switch I have turned off perhaps.  I recall trying to stop
something a while ago.  This is the entry I am trying to make work:-

=VLOOKUP(B2,'file:///L:/Customer_Names_by_Ref/Sorted_Customer_8_Character_Names_in_Sage_by_SuperControl_&_LH_Ref_to_Jun_2019.ods'#$Sheet1.$A$2:$B$2039,2,0)

When I enter the same expression but with the more recent data file
(...to_Sep_2019.ods) I get #Ref for each entry.
Back with the dunces once more!!!
Budge

Budge Budge

Re: What works in one file not in other help please.

On 25/10/2019 20:12, Budge wrote:

> I am trying to do a VLOOKUP to fill in data from one sheet into another.
>
> This works between existing related files which are from previous
> month's quarter but not for my new data for this quarter.  Other than
> actual entries the files are the same.
>
> Is there a switch I have turned off perhaps.  I recall trying to stop
> something a while ago.  This is the entry I am trying to make work:-
>
> =VLOOKUP(B2,'file:///L:/Customer_Names_by_Ref/Sorted_Customer_8_Character_Names_in_Sage_by_SuperControl_&_LH_Ref_to_Jun_2019.ods'#$Sheet1.$A$2:$B$2039,2,0)
>
> When I enter the same expression but with the more recent data file
> (...to_Sep_2019.ods) I get #Ref for each entry.
> Back with the dunces once more!!!
> Budge

I have it now.  For unknown reason when working on my file there was no
warning about updating external links.  The next day, having closed
everying last night, now when I opened my file there was a warning and
once turned on, hey ho it works!