WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice hosting at TDF

sophie sophie

WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice hosting at TDF

Hi all,

Sidorela and her team have made a wonderful website called
WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice.

Repository of the code:
https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

Preview of the site:
https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

Site map is here:
https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

We would like to move forward now and bring the site live. Would it be
possible to host the site on one of our VM or would it be better to have
it on our https://github.com/LibreOffice or else?

We would like to go live as soon as possible, so let us know what we can
do to help :)

Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice hosting at TDF

V V pon., 11. mar. 2019 ob 14:44 je oseba sophi <[hidden email]>
napisala:

> We would like to go live as soon as possible, so let us know what we can
> do to help :)
>
> Make it localizable?
:)

Lp, m.

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

sophi wrote:
> We would like to move forward now and bring the site live. Would it be
> possible to host the site on one of our VM or would it be better to have
> it on ourhttps://github.com/LibreOffice  or else?

is there any progress on this one? Any help needed? :-)

Thanks,
Florian

Guilhem Moulin Guilhem Moulin

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice hosting at TDF

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 at 09:51:10 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> sophi wrote:
>> We would like to move forward now and bring the site live. Would it be
>> possible to host the site on one of our VM or would it be better to have
>> it on ourhttps://github.com/LibreOffice  or else?
>
> is there any progress on this one? Any help needed? :-)

Didn't have time to check.  Might have time to discuss about it during
today's infra call; it's on the agenda at least.

--
Guilhem.

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 14:43:51 +0100, sophi wrote:
> Repository of the code:
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
> […]
> We would like to move forward now and bring the site live. Would it be
> possible to host the site on one of our VM or would it be better to have
> it on our https://github.com/LibreOffice or else?

Oh nice, I didn't realize it was a collection of static pages.  It's
probably overkill to deploy a dedicated VM for that, so if we're gonna
host that on our infra I suggest vm161 or vm168 (alongside with blog or
the main website).  That'll only work if the infra team takes care of
updates to the production site though, but I guess it's reasonable.

Could you suggest a (sub)domain though? :-)

> We would like to go live as soon as possible, so let us know what we can
> do to help :)

‘media/css/style.css’ contains

    html {
        background:url("https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/media/img/Libocon_moments_2.jpg") […];
        […]
    }

but that file is also checked in under ‘media/img/Libocon_moments_2.jpg’,
so I guess it's not intentional.  Is it possible to remove other third-party
requests, too? :-)  (AFAICT it's only https://fonts.googleapis.com/css .)

Guilhem.

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

On 20/03/2019 02:00, Guilhem Moulin wrote:

> Oh nice, I didn't realize it was a collection of static pages.  It's
> probably overkill to deploy a dedicated VM for that, so if we're gonna
> host that on our infra I suggest vm161 or vm168 (alongside with blog or
> the main website).  That'll only work if the infra team takes care of
> updates to the production site though, but I guess it's reasonable.
>
> Could you suggest a (sub)domain though? :-)

I believe we have www.whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org already, right?
Presumably we can host it on vm168, like the main site, but make that
domain point to it, right? (I don't know much about DNS!)

> but that file is also checked in under ‘media/img/Libocon_moments_2.jpg’,
> so I guess it's not intentional.  Is it possible to remove other third-party
> requests, too? :-)  (AFAICT it's only https://fonts.googleapis.com/css .)

On the main site, we host some things locally, like the Lato fonts, eg:

<link href="/themes/libreofficenew/css/Lato2-new.css" rel='stylesheet'
type='text/css' />

Sidorela, anything else you need from us? Or can I just take the latest
website HTML/CSS from Git, put it in a folder on the main website, and
Guilhem sorts out the domain?

Cheers,
Mike

On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 at 14:52:47 +0200, Mike Saunders wrote:

> On 20/03/2019 02:00, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
>> Oh nice, I didn't realize it was a collection of static pages.  It's
>> probably overkill to deploy a dedicated VM for that, so if we're gonna
>> host that on our infra I suggest vm161 or vm168 (alongside with blog or
>> the main website).  That'll only work if the infra team takes care of
>> updates to the production site though, but I guess it's reasonable.
>>
>> Could you suggest a (sub)domain though? :-)
>
> I believe we have www.whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org already, right?

Oh sorry for not checking that, I hadn't realized the domain was
registered already :-/

> Presumably we can host it on vm168, like the main site, but make that
> domain point to it, right? (I don't know much about DNS!)

Yup, no problem at all.  I'll also add records for the domain itself,
without the ‘www.’ prefix.

Guilhem.