WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Next » 12
Sidorela Uku Sidorela Uku

WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Helloall,

Great to be part of the LO marketing mailing list. This is my first post
here and I'm happy to update you on the work that Collective68 has been
doing during this time for WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice site. Please check
them and feel free to share your thoughts with us, feedback is always
welcome :)

Repository of the code:
https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

Preview of the site:
https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

Sitemap with the content of the site is documented here:
https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice(based
on the discussion and feedback from LibreOffice marketing mailing list
and video calls)

At the moment site is only in English and half Albanian. We have
documented one wayof doing translations on the site here:
https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
For the next steps, the idea is to gather feedback based on the preview
link mentioned above and we agree on this list on which we have quite a
good progress, we propose to transfer the code on LibreOffice or TDF
online infrastructure and make it easier for even more people who are
interested to improve the project even more. After this stage also the
documentation on how to get involved will be added as well.

/Design for the site:/
     We had three proposals. Which are uploaded also in our git works:
https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/our-works/tree/master/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
Now we have proceed with the first version from those. Feedback from the
community is welcomed.
Please let me know if you have any other question regarding the site. In
my opinion,the next step is to host it somewhere else, maybe at
LibreOffice GitHub projects (https://github.com/LibreOffice). When you
have some feedback on this, let me know where the code should be
uploaded to be visible for all the community.
Best regards,
Sidorela from Collective68

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hey Sidorela,

On 27/12/2018 22:43, Sidorela Uku wrote:

> Great to be part of the LO marketing mailing list. This is my first post
> here and I'm happy to update you on the work that Collective68 has been
> doing during this time for WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice site. Please check
> them and feel free to share your thoughts with us, feedback is always
> welcome :)

Thanks very much for sharing this! I was going to follow up with Redon
to check the status of the site, so it's awesome to see that it's in a
good shape already...

> Preview of the site:
> https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

Looks great! This is something we can really promote, I think. The only
change I'd make is: "What's your area of expertise?" -- IMO we don't
want people to feel put off if they're not experts in something, so how
about:

"What area interests you?"

> /Design for the site:/
>     We had three proposals. Which are uploaded also in our git works:
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/our-works/tree/master/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
>
> Now we have proceed with the first version from those. Feedback from the
> community is welcomed.

The first (existing design) looks good to me. Simple, clear, with big
chunky buttons just begging to be pressed :-)

> Please let me know if you have any other question regarding the site. In
> my opinion,the next step is to host it somewhere else, maybe at
> LibreOffice GitHub projects (https://github.com/LibreOffice). When you
> have some feedback on this, let me know where the code should be
> uploaded to be visible for all the community.

So I believe we have the domain whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org already;
once we've had a bit of feedback from others, we can look at making it
live -- what do you think?

Cheers,
Mike

sophie sophie

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi Sidorela, all

First, thanks a lot for your work, I really like the design :)
Le 27/12/2018 à 22:43, Sidorela Uku a écrit :

> Helloall,
>
> Great to be part of the LO marketing mailing list. This is my first post
> here and I'm happy to update you on the work that Collective68 has been
> doing during this time for WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice site. Please check
> them and feel free to share your thoughts with us, feedback is always
> welcome :)
>
> Repository of the code:
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
>
> Preview of the site:
> https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

On a general remark, I would remove the line above the item, for example
when clicking on 'Tell me more', this line 'So you like helping and
mentoring other people? You could join' is displayed, and for me it's
not needed. It's not present under the Marketing part and I find it clearer.

Under Documentation, the same line shows 'So you like sharing what you
know? You could teach' for Books and Help Content item, again I don't
find it necessary or if you want to keep it, change it to 'You could
write'. And for Documentation I would add 'Video Tutorials' and 'Write
Tutorials'.

On Infrastructure, I would replace 'Learn' by 'Participate' or something
more inclusive than just learning which gives an impression of lurking

On Translation and Localization, I would do a translation part which
concerns documentation, websites, marketing materials, and a
localization part which concerns LibreOffice products or infrastructure.

On Advocacy, there is a typo in 'Give presantations' vs 'Give
presentations'.

> Sitemap with the content of the site is documented here:
> https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice(based
> on the discussion and feedback from LibreOffice marketing mailing list
> and video calls)

I can't access the link (even when removing (based)

> At the moment site is only in English and half Albanian. We have
> documented one wayof doing translations on the site here:
> https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice

Same here, I can't access the translation part

> For the next steps, the idea is to gather feedback based on the preview
> link mentioned above and we agree on this list on which we have quite a
> good progress, we propose to transfer the code on LibreOffice or TDF
> online infrastructure and make it easier for even more people who are
> interested to improve the project even more. After this stage also the
> documentation on how to get involved will be added as well.
>
> /Design for the site:/
>     We had three proposals. Which are uploaded also in our git works:
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/our-works/tree/master/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
>
> Now we have proceed with the first version from those. Feedback from the
> community is welcomed.
> Please let me know if you have any other question regarding the site. In
> my opinion,the next step is to host it somewhere else, maybe at
> LibreOffice GitHub projects (https://github.com/LibreOffice). When you
> have some feedback on this, let me know where the code should be
> uploaded to be visible for all the community.

I have a last question, is the site accessible? I've tried to navigate
through the page, but I'm only able to change the language, not to
navigate through the buttons.

Otherwise, I agree with Mike remark and his proposal.
Again, thanks a lot for your great work!
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Sidorela Uku Sidorela Uku

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi Sophie, Mike

Thank you for your comments and feedback. It's really important to get
feedback from the community to improve the site even further.
The site is not finished yet, there are still things to improve from the
texts and design. Considering your comments, the following changes were
made:

From: "What's your area of expertise?"  TO "What area interests you?"

> On a general remark, I would remove the line above the item, for
> example when clicking on 'Tell me more', this line 'So you like
> helping and mentoring other people? You could join' is displayed, and
> for me it's not needed. It's not present under the Marketing part and
> I find it clearer.

@Sophie you mean to remove totally the line  'So you like helping and
mentoring other people? You could join' or replace it with something else?

> Under Documentation, the same line shows 'So you like sharing what you
> know? You could teach' for Books and Help Content item, again I don't
> find it necessary or if you want to keep it, change it to 'You could
> write'. And for Documentation I would add 'Video Tutorials' and 'Write
> Tutorials'.

Added as a note for the updates we are going to do, to add 'Video
Tutorials' and 'Write Tutorials' under Documentation.

> On Infrastructure, I would replace 'Learn' by 'Participate' or
> something more inclusive than just learning which gives an impression
> of lurking

This is done.

> On Translation and Localization, I would do a translation part which
> concerns documentation, websites, marketing materials, and a
> localization part which concerns LibreOffice products or infrastructure.
>
> On Advocacy, there is a typo in 'Give presantations' vs 'Give
> presentations'. Edited.

For the links not working, please check below:
Sitemap:
https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/wikis/Sitemap-structure
Translations:
https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/wikis/translations

> I have a last question, is the site accessible? I've tried to navigate
> through the page, but I'm only able to change the language, not to
> navigate through the buttons.

Yes the site is accessible. In the above link for the sitemap, you can
move through the buttons on the tree, and the last step is a link from
an outside resource. Javascript needs to be enabled on the browser also.

On the next steps, some changes to do:
- we need to add 'cookie policy' and maybe also 'privacy policy'
- manage translations. From the link I shared we can translate by
editing the code files. We will have a look maybe to use a translation
platform, to make it easier for community to get involved.
- Improve design and graphics. Replace LO logo and favicon.

Those are some notes weworked with these days.

In terms of next steps, would be nice if we worked back and forth on
this for the next weeks untill January and transfer the code to an
official TDF or LibreOffice owned git repo with the ultimate goal of
going live in February.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Sidorela

On 1/04/19 3:28 PM, Sophie Gautier wrote:

> [...]
> >     We had three proposals. Which are uploaded also in our git works:
> >
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/our-works/tree/master/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
> >
> > Now we have proceed with the first version from those. Feedback from the
> > community is welcomed.
> > Please let me know if you have any other question regarding the site. In
> > my opinion,the next step is to host it somewhere else, maybe at
> > LibreOffice GitHub projects (https://github.com/LibreOffice). When you
> > have some feedback on this, let me know where the code should be
> > uploaded to be visible for all the community.
>
> I have a last question, is the site accessible? I've tried to navigate
> through the page, but I'm only able to change the language, not to
> navigate through the buttons.
>
> Otherwise, I agree with Mike remark and his proposal.
> Again, thanks a lot for your great work!

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi Sidorela, all,

Sidorela Uku wrote on 1/14/19 8:19 PM:

> On the next steps, some changes to do:
> - we need to add 'cookie policy' and maybe also 'privacy policy'
> - manage translations. From the link I shared we can translate by
> editing the code files. We will have a look maybe to use a translation
> platform, to make it easier for community to get involved.
> - Improve design and graphics. Replace LO logo and favicon.
>
> Those are some notes weworked with these days.
>
> In terms of next steps, would be nice if we worked back and forth on
> this for the next weeks untill January and transfer the code to an
> official TDF or LibreOffice owned git repo with the ultimate goal of
> going live in February.
>
> What do you think?

Really nice to see this!
I mostly missed the discussion and work leading to this, so forgive me
if my question is not relevant.
Having played a bit with the choices, I have the idea that people might
need more context or extra pointers with some of the outcomes.
E.g. Marketing > Booth materials just leads to a wiki with a list. A bit
more smart landing place, with intro, pointers and advice how to join,
would make sense, I think.
But maybe this is already planned?

greetings,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi Sidorela,

On 14/01/2019 20:19, Sidorela Uku wrote:

> In terms of next steps, would be nice if we worked back and forth on
> this for the next weeks untill January and transfer the code to an
> official TDF or LibreOffice owned git repo with the ultimate goal of
> going live in February.

That sounds great! When you want to upload something, either to our Git
repo or the whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org site, just let me know and I'll
sort it out with our infra team :-)

Cheers,
Mike

sophie sophie

Le 14/01/2019 à 20:19, Sidorela Uku a écrit :
> Hi Sophie, Mike
>
> Thank you for your comments and feedback. It's really important to get
> feedback from the community to improve the site even further.
> The site is not finished yet, there are still things to improve from the
> texts and design. Considering your comments, the following changes were
> made:
>
> From: "What's your area of expertise?"  TO "What area interests you?"

Great, thanks :)

>> On a general remark, I would remove the line above the item, for
>> example when clicking on 'Tell me more', this line 'So you like
>> helping and mentoring other people? You could join' is displayed, and
>> for me it's not needed. It's not present under the Marketing part and
>> I find it clearer.
>
> @Sophie you mean to remove totally the line  'So you like helping and
> mentoring other people? You could join' or replace it with something else?

I mean to remove it totally

>> Under Documentation, the same line shows 'So you like sharing what you
>> know? You could teach' for Books and Help Content item, again I don't
>> find it necessary or if you want to keep it, change it to 'You could
>> write'. And for Documentation I would add 'Video Tutorials' and 'Write
>> Tutorials'.
>

> Added as a note for the updates we are going to do, to add 'Video
> Tutorials' and 'Write Tutorials' under Documentation.

Thanks!

>> On Infrastructure, I would replace 'Learn' by 'Participate' or
>> something more inclusive than just learning which gives an impression
>> of lurking
>
> This is done.
>
>> On Translation and Localization, I would do a translation part which
>> concerns documentation, websites, marketing materials, and a
>> localization part which concerns LibreOffice products or infrastructure.
>>
>> On Advocacy, there is a typo in 'Give presantations' vs 'Give
>> presentations'. Edited.
>
> For the links not working, please check below:
> Sitemap:
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/wikis/Sitemap-structure
>
> Translations:
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/wikis/translations

Ok, I've been able to see the content now,

>> I have a last question, is the site accessible? I've tried to navigate
>> through the page, but I'm only able to change the language, not to
>> navigate through the buttons.
>
> Yes the site is accessible. In the above link for the sitemap, you can
> move through the buttons on the tree, and the last step is a link from
> an outside resource. Javascript needs to be enabled on the browser also.

great

> On the next steps, some changes to do:
> - we need to add 'cookie policy' and maybe also 'privacy policy'
> - manage translations. From the link I shared we can translate by
> editing the code files. We will have a look maybe to use a translation
> platform, to make it easier for community to get involved.

I can distribute the code file to the l10n community, it's not long and
easier than setting a project under Pootle. And collect the translated
file when it's done.

> - Improve design and graphics. Replace LO logo and favicon.
>
> Those are some notes weworked with these days.
>
> In terms of next steps, would be nice if we worked back and forth on
> this for the next weeks untill January and transfer the code to an
> official TDF or LibreOffice owned git repo with the ultimate goal of
> going live in February.
>
> What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your work :)
Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hey Sidorela,

Hope all's well. Just checking to see if you need any extra help getting
this ready, otherwise I can speak to our infra team about getting it
hosted on the whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org site!

Cheers,
Mike

> [...]

>> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/our-works/tree/master/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice
>>

>> > Now we have proceed with the first version from those. Feedback from
>> the
>> > community is welcomed.
>> > Please let me know if you have any other question regarding the
>> site. In
>> > my opinion,the next step is to host it somewhere else, maybe at
>> > LibreOffice GitHub projects (https://github.com/LibreOffice). When you
>> > have some feedback on this, let me know where the code should be
>> > uploaded to be visible for all the community.
>>
>> I have a last question, is the site accessible? I've tried to navigate
>> through the page, but I'm only able to change the language, not to
>> navigate through the buttons.
>>
>> Otherwise, I agree with Mike remark and his proposal.
>> Again, thanks a lot for your great work!

Sidorela Uku Sidorela Uku

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi Mike, Cor, Sophie

Thank you for your feedback.

During this time we fully translated tests in Albanian, so to have at least
one more language in the page when we launch it.
Also did some changes with logo and button colors. I think the site would
look nice with e featured background image from one of LibreOffice events
or something related to LibreOffice.

@Mike Before proceeding with the domain, we should migrate the repo under
LibreOffice on github. This can be done within this week. We can make other
changes directly from there. I would suggest not to launch it directly, but
waiting some more days for feedback from community. Maybe more resources
can be added. Saying that I think it's better not promote it at this
moments, as some more improvements can be made.
The promo campaign also needs some thought and should be done in a
coordinated way in our opinion. Of course we can proceed with some
proposals in the next weeks if you agree.

@Cor Now we have a sitemap structure set up like this:
https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/wikis/Sitemap-structure
It can be changed at any time, to have more options or improvements in
content and the idea is to add more vontent and improve based on comments
from the community. I think that the information can be more structured to
make it easier to find a way of contribution to LibreOffice.

@Sophie I think that would be good to have a short sentence above, as a
call for action everytime a category gets chosen. But agree that we should
change those quotes with something shorter.

Many thanks & regards,
Sidorela

sophie sophie

Le 13/02/2019 à 09:56, Sidorela Uku a écrit :
> Hi Mike, Cor, Sophie
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
Thanks for your work :)

> During this time we fully translated tests in Albanian, so to have at least
> one more language in the page when we launch it.

I'll prepare the French translation during our workshop tomorrow.

> Also did some changes with logo and button colors. I think the site would
> look nice with e featured background image from one of LibreOffice events
> or something related to LibreOffice.

I agree :)

> @Mike Before proceeding with the domain, we should migrate the repo under
> LibreOffice on github. This can be done within this week. We can make other
> changes directly from there. I would suggest not to launch it directly, but
> waiting some more days for feedback from community. Maybe more resources
> can be added. Saying that I think it's better not promote it at this
> moments, as some more improvements can be made.
> The promo campaign also needs some thought and should be done in a
> coordinated way in our opinion. Of course we can proceed with some
> proposals in the next weeks if you agree.
>
> @Cor Now we have a sitemap structure set up like this:
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/wikis/Sitemap-structure
> It can be changed at any time, to have more options or improvements in
> content and the idea is to add more vontent and improve based on comments
> from the community. I think that the information can be more structured to
> make it easier to find a way of contribution to LibreOffice.
>
> @Sophie I think that would be good to have a short sentence above, as a
> call for action everytime a category gets chosen. But agree that we should
> change those quotes with something shorter.

I understand and I agree here also
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Sidorela Uku Sidorela Uku

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi Sophie,

I added temporary background-image to test how it looks.

Regarding categories we have 9:
Documentation
Advocacy
Communication and Marketing,
Testing Software,
Translation & Localization,
Design,
Infrastructure,
User support,
Development.

Do you have any proposal for the short sentence used as description when
each category gets choosen. A cool short text, to motivate contributors.

Best regards,
Sidorela

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019, 11:39 sophi <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Sidorela,
> Le 13/02/2019 à 09:56, Sidorela Uku a écrit :
> > Hi Mike, Cor, Sophie
> >
> > Thank you for your feedback.
> Thanks for your work :)
> >
> > During this time we fully translated tests in Albanian, so to have at
> least
> > one more language in the page when we launch it.
>
> I'll prepare the French translation during our workshop tomorrow.
>
> > Also did some changes with logo and button colors. I think the site would
> > look nice with e featured background image from one of LibreOffice events
> > or something related to LibreOffice.
>
> I agree :)
> >
> > @Mike Before proceeding with the domain, we should migrate the repo under
> > LibreOffice on github. This can be done within this week. We can make
> other
> > changes directly from there. I would suggest not to launch it directly,
> but
> > waiting some more days for feedback from community. Maybe more resources
> > can be added. Saying that I think it's better not promote it at this
> > moments, as some more improvements can be made.
> > The promo campaign also needs some thought and should be done in a
> > coordinated way in our opinion. Of course we can proceed with some
> > proposals in the next weeks if you agree.
> >
> > @Cor Now we have a sitemap structure set up like this:
> >
> https://git.collective68.tech/Collective68/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/wikis/Sitemap-structure
> > It can be changed at any time, to have more options or improvements in
> > content and the idea is to add more vontent and improve based on comments
> > from the community. I think that the information can be more structured
> > make it easier to find a way of contribution to LibreOffice.
> >
> > @Sophie I think that would be good to have a short sentence above, as a
> > call for action everytime a category gets chosen. But agree that we
> should
> > change those quotes with something shorter.
>
> I understand and I agree here also
> Cheers
> Sophie
>
> --
> Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
> GSM: +33683901545
> IRC: sophi
> Release coordinator
> The Document Foundation

Sidorela Uku Sidorela Uku

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi all,

I have worked with the website this week to improve it even further. I
think it looks better if there is a background photo/image. [1]

Now the page and background image are fully responsive on mobile and
web. Also some small changes can be done. I have added also italian
translation. (thanks @Italo)

I think we should migrate the code on github now, here:
https://github.com/LibreOffice

What do you think?

I don't know who maintains github, but can we have a repo there
dedicated for this?

Best regards,

Sidorela

[1] - https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/

--
Sidorela Uku
+355672001140

On 22/02/2019 17:24, Sidorela Uku wrote:

> I have worked with the website this week to improve it even further. I
> think it looks better if there is a background photo/image. [1]

Yep, it's looking good, thanks for working on it!

> I think we should migrate the code on github now, here:
> https://github.com/LibreOffice
>
> What do you think?

Sure, we can do that -- but in the meantime, shall we make this live by
making whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org redirect to
https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/ ?

I know that's not the most elegant way to do it, but it could take a
while to get the other bits done (I'm not sure about the technical
requirements), whereas pointing the .org URL at the existing site should
be a simple job for the infra team.

What do you think -- are we ready to go live? Sophie, any thoughts? It's
such a great idea, that I'd like to start promoting it soon :-)

Mike

sophie sophie

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hey all,
Le 08/03/2019 à 13:48, Mike Saunders a écrit :

> Hey Sidorela,
>
> On 22/02/2019 17:24, Sidorela Uku wrote:
>>
>> I have worked with the website this week to improve it even further. I
>> think it looks better if there is a background photo/image. [1]
>
> Yep, it's looking good, thanks for working on it!
>
>> I think we should migrate the code on github now, here:
>> https://github.com/LibreOffice
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Sure, we can do that -- but in the meantime, shall we make this live by
> making whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org redirect to
> https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/ ?>
> I know that's not the most elegant way to do it, but it could take a
> while to get the other bits done (I'm not sure about the technical
> requirements), whereas pointing the .org URL at the existing site should
> be a simple job for the infra team.
>
> What do you think -- are we ready to go live? Sophie, any thoughts? It's
> such a great idea, that I'd like to start promoting it soon :-)

I fully agree :) If it's a final version, I'll send a mail to l10n teams
to get more translations (and try to finish mine this week-end ;)
Cheers
Sophie

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Mike Saunders wrote:

> Yep, it's looking good, thanks for working on it!

indeed, thanks a lot to all your work!

> Sure, we can do that -- but in the meantime, shall we make this live by
> making whatcanidoforlibreoffice.org redirect to
> https://collective68.pages.collective68.tech/WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice/ ?

I don't like the redirection idea - I would prefer to host ourselves,
e.g. for SEO purposes and to not leave our infrastructure. If we're
happy with the page, why not host it in one of our VMs? ;-)

Florian

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

> I don't like the redirection idea - I would prefer to host ourselves,
> e.g. for SEO purposes and to not leave our infrastructure. If we're
> happy with the page, why not host it in one of our VMs? ;-)

Sure, we can do that! I just wonder how much longer it'll take... I
don't know much about Github and the VM bits required, but if infra can
do all this, then let's go ahead. I just want to avoid this cool idea
being on the back burner for too long because nobody knows how to move
it further...

Mike

sophie sophie

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi Mike,
Le 11/03/2019 à 14:20, Mike Saunders a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> On 11/03/2019 11:59, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>>
>> I don't like the redirection idea - I would prefer to host ourselves,
>> e.g. for SEO purposes and to not leave our infrastructure. If we're
>> happy with the page, why not host it in one of our VMs? ;-)
>
> Sure, we can do that! I just wonder how much longer it'll take... I
> don't know much about Github and the VM bits required, but if infra can
> do all this, then let's go ahead. I just want to avoid this cool idea
> being on the back burner for too long because nobody knows how to move
> it further...

Then, let's connect Sidorela and the infra team on website@, I'm going
to write a mail connecting people there :)

Cheers
Sophie

On 11/03/2019 14:38, sophi wrote:

> Then, let's connect Sidorela and the infra team on website@, I'm going
> to write a mail connecting people there :)

Great, thanks Sophie, I was going to do something similar but I'll watch
that thread instead :-)

Mike

Kristi Çunga Kristi Çunga

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hello there,
  I'm Kristi, a colleague of Sidorela, a new contributor in design
issues also for LibreOffice.
  I just wanted to inform you that in case you are planning to publish a
blog post or social media posts about the announcement of this
initiative I would be more than happy to provide with the design of
promo materials.
Thank you,
  Kristi

Sidorela Uku Sidorela Uku

Re: WhatCanIDoForLibreOffice micro site

Hi all,

We totally agree to host the site at LibreOffice Github or VMs, and our
previous proposal was to have it on LibreOffice Github.

It doesn't require a lot of time to transfer code, and we are willing to
help as much as we can in this process.

@Sophi for the moment it seems like those are the final texts, but maybe
later we can make some quick fixes.

Thank you,