Where is the documentation for soffice command line execution?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
pbw pbw
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where is the documentation for soffice command line execution?

There are plenty of snippets on the web about using soffice command line
for document conversion, for example, but I cannot find documentation.
Looking for 'soffice' in the LO help file yields no results.

Anyone have any idea?

--
Peter West
"Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it..."

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
null null
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where is the documentation for soffice command line execution?

Hello,

If you run the following command:
soffice --help
An alert will pop up giving you a complete reference on how to use the
soffice on the command line.
If you get an error saying soffice is an invalid command, make sure the
current directory is LibreOfficeInstallFolder\program.
LibreOfficeInstallFolder is usually:
[on Windows 32-bit] C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 4
[on Windows 64-bit] C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 4
The cd command (at least on Windows) will change the directory.
So, on a Windows 64-bit system, to get the complete soffice command
reference, I would run the following commands:
_________________________________________________
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 4\program"
soffice --help
_________________________________________________

If you are looking for more detail on a certain command parameter,
performing a simple web search should work fine.

Regards,
[hidden email]


On 1/28/2014 8:03 PM, Peter West wrote:
> There are plenty of snippets on the web about using soffice command
> line for document conversion, for example, but I cannot find
> documentation. Looking for 'soffice' in the LO help file yields no
> results.
>
> Anyone have any idea?
>


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
nabbler nabbler
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where is the documentation for soffice command line execution?

In reply to this post by pbw
On 29/01/2014, Peter West <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There are plenty of snippets on the web about using soffice command line
> for document conversion, for example, but I cannot find documentation.
> Looking for 'soffice' in the LO help file yields no results.
>
> Anyone have any idea?
>

The output from the command terminal seems sufficient:

libreoffice -help

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
pbw pbw
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where is the documentation for soffice command line execution?

In reply to this post by pbw
Thanks folks.
   soffice --help
did the trick.
On 29/01/2014 11:03 am, Peter West wrote:
> There are plenty of snippets on the web about using soffice command line
> for document conversion, for example, but I cannot find documentation.
> Looking for 'soffice' in the LO help file yields no results.
>
> Anyone have any idea?
>

--
Peter West
"Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it..."

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Custfold Custfold
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A bit OT - just got WD MyCloud and trying to get it working with Ubuntu

There seems to be a windows start up is there a download for Linux?

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
TomD TomD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A bit OT - just got WD MyCloud and trying to get it working with Ubuntu

Hi :)
I'm not sure if the CMIS video helps
http://www.libreoffice.org/home/Discover
but the voice-over is well worth hearing.

It might be better to go with "OwnCloud"
http://owncloud.org/

As OwnCloud is now a partner of TDF (or supporting organisation or
something).  There are various things "up there" already although i am
not sure how to login.  It might be worth going to the marketing list
and asking them (another relatively very low traffic mailing list).
There might be better information in the blog!
http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2014/01/30/libreoffice-4-2-focusing-on-performance-and-interoperability-and-improving-the-integration-with-microsoft-windows/

Oddly i couldn't see them on
http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/advisory-board/
(saw CloudOn, are they similar?).  Also didn't see them on
http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/
but those pages might be edited by the time you click on them as these
things are often all works-in-progress.

Regards from
Tom :)

On 30 January 2014 12:20, Custfold <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There seems to be a windows start up is there a download for Linux?
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A bit OT - just got WD MyCloud and trying to get it working with Ubuntu

Hello Tom, Custfold,

Le Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:41:17 +0000,
Tom Davies <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi :)
> I'm not sure if the CMIS video helps
> http://www.libreoffice.org/home/Discover
> but the voice-over is well worth hearing.

Yes indeed. The CMIS interface also gives you access to a number of
services, many of them not consumer-oriented but rather corporate
(Nuxeo, SharePoint, Tybco, Alfesco and other CMSes).
>
> It might be better to go with "OwnCloud"
> http://owncloud.org/
>
> As OwnCloud is now a partner of TDF (or supporting organisation or
> something).  

Actually aside knowing some people at OwnCloud and them knowing some of
us here, there's no connection. We do use OwnCloud, let them know about
it, but we use it because it works :-)

> There are various things "up there" already although i am
> not sure how to login.  It might be worth going to the marketing list
> and asking them (another relatively very low traffic mailing list).
> There might be better information in the blog!

Actually everything's that is accessible on OwnCloud, everything you
see, is available for anyone to download. take a look here:
https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common

What you have to do is to ask for credentials to *upload* files.
However, unless I misunderstood Custfold's comment, it's worth noting
that you cannot use the Document Foundation's OwnCloud server for your
personal purposes (uploading music, etc.)

You may however have a look at OwnCloud providers here:
http://www.owncloud.com
http://owncube.com
and perhaps install it yourself:
http://www.owncloud.org


> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2014/01/30/libreoffice-4-2-focusing-on-performance-and-interoperability-and-improving-the-integration-with-microsoft-windows/
>
> Oddly i couldn't see them on
> http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/advisory-board/
> (saw CloudOn, are they similar?).

Not at all.

 > Also didn't see them on
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/
> but those pages might be edited by the time you click on them as these
> things are often all works-in-progress.

It'll all be updated with the brand new website in a few days.

Best,

Charles.

>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>
> On 30 January 2014 12:20, Custfold <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > There seems to be a windows start up is there a download for Linux?
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> > Problems?
> > http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> > Posting guidelines + more:
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive:
> > http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/ All messages sent
> > to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
>



--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,
Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

TomD TomD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A bit OT - just got WD MyCloud and trying to get it working with Ubuntu

Hi :)
Thanks Charles!  Clarified quite a few points there!
Thanks and regards from
Tom :)

On 30 January 2014 16:09, Charles-H. Schulz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Tom, Custfold,
>
> Le Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:41:17 +0000,
> Tom Davies <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi :)
>> I'm not sure if the CMIS video helps
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/home/Discover
>> but the voice-over is well worth hearing.
>
> Yes indeed. The CMIS interface also gives you access to a number of
> services, many of them not consumer-oriented but rather corporate
> (Nuxeo, SharePoint, Tybco, Alfesco and other CMSes).
>>
>> It might be better to go with "OwnCloud"
>> http://owncloud.org/
>>
>> As OwnCloud is now a partner of TDF (or supporting organisation or
>> something).
>
> Actually aside knowing some people at OwnCloud and them knowing some of
> us here, there's no connection. We do use OwnCloud, let them know about
> it, but we use it because it works :-)
>
>> There are various things "up there" already although i am
>> not sure how to login.  It might be worth going to the marketing list
>> and asking them (another relatively very low traffic mailing list).
>> There might be better information in the blog!
>
> Actually everything's that is accessible on OwnCloud, everything you
> see, is available for anyone to download. take a look here:
> https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common
>
> What you have to do is to ask for credentials to *upload* files.
> However, unless I misunderstood Custfold's comment, it's worth noting
> that you cannot use the Document Foundation's OwnCloud server for your
> personal purposes (uploading music, etc.)
>
> You may however have a look at OwnCloud providers here:
> http://www.owncloud.com
> http://owncube.com
> and perhaps install it yourself:
> http://www.owncloud.org
>
>
>> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2014/01/30/libreoffice-4-2-focusing-on-performance-and-interoperability-and-improving-the-integration-with-microsoft-windows/
>>
>> Oddly i couldn't see them on
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/advisory-board/
>> (saw CloudOn, are they similar?).
>
> Not at all.
>
>  > Also didn't see them on
>> http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/
>> but those pages might be edited by the time you click on them as these
>> things are often all works-in-progress.
>
> It'll all be updated with the brand new website in a few days.
>
> Best,
>
> Charles.
>
>>
>> Regards from
>> Tom :)
>>
>> On 30 January 2014 12:20, Custfold <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > There seems to be a windows start up is there a download for Linux?
>> >
>> > --
>> > To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>> > Problems?
>> > http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>> > Posting guidelines + more:
>> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive:
>> > http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/ All messages sent
>> > to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Charles-H. Schulz
> Co-founder, The Document Foundation,
> Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
> Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
> Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted