Which Event to use to retrieve GUI objects initially?

leeand00 leeand00

Which Event to use to retrieve GUI objects initially?

I'm looking for which event I should use for something similar to a Javascript onload event in LibreOffice Base,

more detail is provided here:

http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/2998/what-event-on-what-object-should-i-attach-my-gui

Thank you,
   Andrew J. Leer
Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: Which Event to use to retrieve GUI objects initially?

Am 29.05.2012 21:26, leeand00 wrote:

> I'm looking for which event I should use for something similar to a
> Javascript onload event in LibreOffice Base,
>
> more detail is provided here:
>
> http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/2998/what-event-on-what-object-should-i-attach-my-gui
>
> Thank you,
>     Andrew J. Leer

What's wrong with the "When loading" event you are using in your screenshot?

Btw: You get the calling object like this:

Sub Init(oEv)
TheForm = oEv.Source

leeand00 leeand00

Re: Which Event to use to retrieve GUI objects initially?

The problem must be that I'm not using the event to retrieve it.

TheForm = Doc.DrawPage.Forms.GetByName("Form")
leeand00 leeand00

Re: Which Event to use to retrieve GUI objects initially?

Thank you! That did the trick.  I'd like to post it on the forum, but I don't want to take credit for it, when you are the one who fixed the problem.

With you're permission I will post the answer myself, but if you want to post the answer please go ahead:

Am 29.05.2012 22:09, leeand00 wrote:

> Thank you! That did the trick.  I'd like to post it on the forum, but I don't
> want to take credit for it, when you are the one who fixed the problem.
>
> With you're permission I will post the answer myself, but if you want to
> post the answer please go ahead:
>
> http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/2998/what-event-on-what-object-should-i-attach-my-gui

I don't deserve any credits for this trivial stuff.