Which Linux distros are going to ship LibO?

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Which Linux distros are going to ship LibO?

Do we have a list of which Linux distros have said they are going to
ship/support LibO instead of OOo? I know about Ubuntu, and others have
been mentioned, but I'm not keeping up very well ;-) A list on the wiki
would be helpful.

--Jean

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Which Linux distros are going to ship LibO?

Le 2010-10-14 17:55, Jean Hollis Weber a écrit :
> Do we have a list of which Linux distros have said they are going to
> ship/support LibO instead of OOo? I know about Ubuntu, and others have
> been mentioned, but I'm not keeping up very well ;-) A list on the wiki
> would be helpful.
>
> --Jean

Hi Jean, this is a subject of hot debate on the discuss list right now.
There is a survey being done by Scott Furry "Survey|Opinion -
LibreOffice Install and Update" that addresses the delivery expectations
from a user's point of view -- you should try to contribute if you can;
and there have been a couple of threads as to the value of having LibO
repos rather than having the other Linux distro packagers packaging
their own LibO.

Cheers

Marc

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Which Linux distros are going to ship LibO?

Hi Jean,

Jean Hollis Weber wrote on 2010-10-14 23.55:
> Do we have a list of which Linux distros have said they are going to
> ship/support LibO instead of OOo? I know about Ubuntu, and others have
> been mentioned, but I'm not keeping up very well;-)  A list on the wiki
> would be helpful.

rumors have it that it will be openSUSE, Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian --
but I have no confirmation as of now. For Ubuntu, it looks quite good,
given Mark Shuttleworth's statement from the 28th ;)

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880

Görkem Çetin Görkem Çetin

Re: Which Linux distros are going to ship LibO?

Hi,

Pardus 2011 (http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng) which will be released on
December, 14 will ship with LibreOffice.

Best
Görkem

On 15 October 2010 13:01, Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]