Who Handles LO Portable?

Harold Fuchs Harold Fuchs

Who Handles LO Portable?

I have installed LO Portable (latest version as of Feb 11, 2011) on a USB
hard disk running under Windows Vista Home Premium.

When I run its Writer and go to Tools>Options>Language Settings>Languages I
am told that the Locale is set to "English (USA)". I change it to "English
(UK)" and shut down Writer. When I re-open Writer the Locale is back to USA.
Windows Vista itself says UK and OpenOffice 3.2.1 also says UK.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in LO but do I need to report it to LO or to
the Portable Apps folk?

Also, if I need to report it to LO, please someone explain exactly where the
LO bug reporter is.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

Rainer Bielefeld-2 Rainer Bielefeld-2

Re: Who Handles LO Portable?

Harold Fuchs schrieb:

> Also, if I need to report it to LO, please someone explain exactly where
> the LO bug reporter is.

Hi

That's the question! It seems that currently Bug tracking for LibO
Portable is not integrated:

<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details#Version>

But you should report your problem, may be someone willsee the report
and fix it.

Best regards

Rainer

Mark Preston Mark Preston

Re: Who Handles LO Portable?

I regularly use Oo_O Portable in classes to avoid the obvious
potential file type clashes in different versions of the UK education
standard MS Office but have so far not been able to find a LibO
Portable version.

Could you give me a link to it if you have it handy?

On 12/02/2011 10:38, Harold Fuchs wrote:

> I have installed LO Portable (latest version as of Feb 11, 2011) on a
> USB hard disk running under Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> When I run its Writer and go to Tools>Options>Language
> Settings>Languages I am told that the Locale is set to "English
> (USA)". I change it to "English (UK)" and shut down Writer. When I
> re-open Writer the Locale is back to USA. Windows Vista itself says UK
> and OpenOffice 3.2.1 also says UK.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is a bug in LO but do I need to report it to LO
> or to the Portable Apps folk?
>
> Also, if I need to report it to LO, please someone explain exactly
> where the LO bug reporter is.

drewjensen drewjensen

Re: Who Handles LO Portable?

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 15:44 +0000, Mark Preston wrote:
> I regularly use Oo_O Portable in classes to avoid the obvious
> potential file type clashes in different versions of the UK education
> standard MS Office but have so far not been able to find a LibO
> Portable version.
>
> Could you give me a link to it if you have it handy?

Hello Mark, Harold

Will this link for you:
http://portableapps.com/LibreOfficePortable

//drew