Wiki page "Other Resources"

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Wiki page "Other Resources"

Hi all,
in the wiki when I'm clicking on menu "Documentation - Other Resources"
I'm getting this page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Other_Resources

This page is started by Kenneth but never been worked on (Perhaps he can
tell something about the page). It replaced an other page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Third_Party_Resources

What will happen with the first page?
Should we change the link in menu as long as there happens nothing at
the page?
What should be the content (if it isn't in the second page)?

Perhaps you can discuss it at your meeting today.

I'm cc'ing Dennis.

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

khanson679 khanson679

Re: Wiki page "Other Resources"

The idea was as follows. "Other resources" would be links to miscellaneous
wiki pages, while "Third Party Resources" is for links to external sites.
If the names are not obvious enough, I would support changing them.

I was still pondering how to organize things when I got side-tracked by
other things, but you can see what I was thinking at the time on the
Documentation
talk page <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talk:Documentation> and my user
page <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Khanson679/Wiki_cleanup>.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 1:43 AM K-J LibreOffice <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> in the wiki when I'm clicking on menu "Documentation - Other Resources"
> I'm getting this page:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Other_Resources
>
> This page is started by Kenneth but never been worked on (Perhaps he can
> tell something about the page). It replaced an other page:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Third_Party_Resources
>
> What will happen with the first page?
> Should we change the link in menu as long as there happens nothing at
> the page?
> What should be the content (if it isn't in the second page)?
>
> Perhaps you can discuss it at your meeting today.
>
> I'm cc'ing Dennis.
>
> --
> Grüße
> k-j
>
> Member of TheDocumentFoundation
> https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
> https://de.libreoffice.org
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

--Kenneth

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Wiki page "Other Resources"

Howdy,

The last entry on the Documentation talk page is regarding the fr wiki page
use of three categories,
End users, Developers and Documentation Team.

I would agree that this is preferable. I would tweak it a bit by have the
Developers section have two subsections; Application and Scripts/Extensions.

If people agree with that I would do the work on the English page.

Best wishes,

Drew