Window corruption in macro editor

ptoye ptoye

Window corruption in macro editor

The window in the macro editor keeps being corrupted. Most of the time a
portion of the top left-hand corner of the editing window seems to be trying
to mirror the text in the rest of the window (if you see what I mean). But
sometimes the corruption starts at the top left-hand corner of the object
catalog as well as is the screenshot below. It happens very frequently and
seems to happen when I either move the mouse into the window or click on
something. I can recover by minimising and restoring the window, but as it
happens once every few minutes it's a right PITA.

Has anyone else here seen anything like this?

If it makes any difference, the macro is for a Base file. The OS is Windows
7.

<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/t474865/LOWindowBug.png>

-----
Peter
--
Sent from: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html

Peter
Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Re: Window corruption in macro editor

Peter,

Le 07/02/2018 à 12:17, ptoye a écrit :

> The window in the macro editor keeps being corrupted. Most of the time a
> portion of the top left-hand corner of the editing window seems to be trying
> to mirror the text in the rest of the window (if you see what I mean). But
> sometimes the corruption starts at the top left-hand corner of the object
> catalog as well as is the screenshot below. It happens very frequently and
> seems to happen when I either move the mouse into the window or click on
> something. I can recover by minimising and restoring the window, but as it
> happens once every few minutes it's a right PITA.
>
> Has anyone else here seen anything like this?
>
> If it makes any difference, the macro is for a Base file. The OS is Windows
> 7.

Could be some video artefact. Did this happen suddenly? You could
uncheck the video acceleration check and see what is gives.

I'm using the macro editor heavily under Windows 7 and Debian Linux 8.1
without any problem (using LO 4.3.x, 5.4.x and 6.0.0. No problem so far).

BTW, what is the version of LibO?

Best,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

ptoye ptoye

Re: Window corruption in macro editor

Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote
> Could be some video artefact. Did this happen suddenly? You could
> uncheck the video acceleration check and see what is gives.
>
> I'm using the macro editor heavily under Windows 7 and Debian Linux 8.1
> without any problem (using LO 4.3.x, 5.4.x and 6.0.0. No problem so far).
>
> BTW, what is the version of LibO?

I think it happened when I upgraded LibO to 5.3.7.2 64-bit. I'd been on
32-bit before that. Is that likely to be an issue?

I assume you're talking about the hardware acceleration in Windows.
Unfortunately that options is greyed out on my machine, so I assume it's not
possible.

-----
Peter
--
Sent from: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html

Peter
ptoye ptoye

Re: Window corruption in macro editor

It's still happening in LibO 5,4,5,1 64-bit. And it's a real PITA as one a
minute I have to minimise and then restore the window.

Has no-one else seen this?

-----
Peter