Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium - Libreoffice 4.1.1.2 General Error. General input/output error

JW JW

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium - Libreoffice 4.1.1.2 General Error. General input/output error

Recently in trying to open some previously created documents, I now
get a *General
Error.*
*General input/output error *in Libreoffice 4.1.1.2.

However, if I attempt to open my .doc files using a copy of Libreoffice
3.4.6 - my files open up okay - no error messages.

I tried re-installing 4.1.1.2 and that did not resolve the problem. Also,
the drive recently passed a through check to make sure there isn't any
errors or problems with it.

Why would Libreoffice 4.1.1.2 be having a problem?

JW JW

Re: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium - Libreoffice 4.1.1.2 General Error. General input/output error

Because of needing to have this problem resolved ASAP - :-) , I decided to
delete Libreoffice 4.1.1.2 and go back to Libreoffice 4.0.5.2.

This appears to have fixed the problem.

Heaven knows why  version 4.1.1.2 was getting a *General input/output
error* and
refusing to open my .doc files.