Windows Icons

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Windows Icons

Hi all,

I noticed that Libre Office's Windows mimetype/file icons seem to lack
an alpha channel (their edges are jagged). Has this been done on
purpose, or would it be worth the effort to add 32 bit versions of
these icons?

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, please have a look at [1] -
this file contains all icons from soffice.exe (LibO v3.4.3) in PNG and
ICO format.

Regards,
Ivan.

[1] www.patentpending.co.nz/libreoffice/icons/windows-icons.7z

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Windows Icons

Hi Ivan!

Am Mittwoch, den 14.09.2011, 00:16 +1200 schrieb Ivan M.:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that Libre Office's Windows mimetype/file icons seem to lack
> an alpha channel (their edges are jagged). Has this been done on
> purpose, or would it be worth the effort to add 32 bit versions of
> these icons?

Phew, don't know whether it was on purpose - I don't think so. Those
icons surely look bad ... Let's ask Thorsten whether he has a clue.

@ Thorsten: Do you know the reason? And, how to correct that - what's
required from our side?

@ Ivan: Do you have access to the GIT repository? See ...
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/GitArtworkGuide

> If you're not sure what I'm talking about, please have a look at [1] -
> this file contains all icons from soffice.exe (LibO v3.4.3) in PNG and
> ICO format.
>
> Regards,
> Ivan.
>
> [1] www.patentpending.co.nz/libreoffice/icons/windows-icons.7z

Thanks for mentioning that!

Christoph

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

Re: Windows Icons

Christoph Noack wrote:
> @ Thorsten: Do you know the reason? And, how to correct that - what's
> required from our side?

Meh, the original png icons in git *do* have alpha - would need to
check where in the process that got lost.

Ivan, would be good to know what those files in windows-icons.7z are
- did you copy those from inside the installed office directory? If
they are all based on those .ico files - that might be a problem in
my toolchain here.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten