Windows - using Writer and VLC Media Player to as text to an attachment

charles meyer charles meyer

Windows - using Writer and VLC Media Player to as text to an attachment

Hi All,

I've got a refurbished laptop running W10 Pro and installed the latest VLC
Media Player.

On W7, I could Add a video file downloaded from YouTube and then select
Convert and it allowed me to browse to where I want to convert/save it to
(e.g. hard drive, flash drive, etc.) and to choose which format to convert
to/save as (e.g. .flac, .mp3).

But, VLC doesn't seem to do that now.

I've read I need to make modifications in  the "Sapnner" button.

I never had to do that with older VLC Media Player.

I've Googled this and looked at 3 pages of results but none show me
what that Spanner button likes like, where to find it nor what settings I
need to set to enable Convert (in older version a drop-down menu would
appear in the down arrow offering many formats to convert to
including .flac, .mp3, etc.)

I anyone has a url link to graphic images which show you what you need to
now re: the Spanner button or if you could share the url to any site which
details that I;d appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Philip Jackson-2 Philip Jackson-2

Re: Windows - using Writer and VLC Media Player to as text to an attachment

On 15/03/2020 19:57, charles meyer wrote:
> I've Googled this and looked at 3 pages of results but none show me
> what that Spanner button likes like, where to find it nor what settings I
> need to set to enable Convert (in older version a drop-down menu would
> appear in the down arrow offering many formats to convert to
> including .flac, .mp3, etc.)

On VLC Media Player, v3.0.8 under Linux, I've seen the 'spanner' button here :

Media > Convert/Save > Disc Tab > Convert/Save button at the bottom

the Convert dialog box then shows a button with a spanner icon under Settings / Profile

Is this what you're seeking?

Philip

Dave Howorth Dave Howorth

Re: Windows - using Writer and VLC Media Player to as text to an attachment

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 14:57:06 -0400
charles meyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've got a refurbished laptop running W10 Pro and installed the
> latest VLC Media Player.

Sorry but what has a VLC problem got to do with libreoffice?