Writer 6.0 Guide published

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Writer 6.0 Guide published

Writer 6.0 Guide published. ODTs and cover files are on ODFAuthors, except
for the full book ODT which is too large:
https://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/published-lo-6.0
PDFs and ODTs of full book and individual chapters are here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Writer_Guide
Printed copy (for purchase) is here:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-60-writer-guide/23199200

Feel free to find all my mistakes and let me know!

Jean

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: Writer 6.0 Guide published

Hello Jean

Thank you so much for your effort in bringing this volume to life !

I have updated the documentation site with the new book and all the
internal links. As you know, this website is also accessed from the Help
menu of the software so, it is expected quite a lot of downloads of the
book.

https://documentation.libreoffice.org

Kind regards

Olivier

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator

Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Le 01/08/2018 à 03:00, Jean Weber a écrit :
> Writer 6.0 Guide published. ODTs and cover files are on ODFAuthors, except
> for the full book ODT which is too large:
> https://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/published-lo-6.0
> PDFs and ODTs of full book and individual chapters are here:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Writer_Guide
> Printed copy (for purchase) is here:
> http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-60-writer-guide/23199200

\o/

Order placed at Lulu's :)

Thanks a (big) lot for the hard work,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Writer 6.0 Guide published

The ODT files probably need to be "cleaned".
Jean

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 10:51 PM Olivier Hallot <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Jean
>
> Thank you so much for your effort in bringing this volume to life !
>
> I have updated the documentation site with the new book and all the
> internal links. As you know, this website is also accessed from the Help
> menu of the software so, it is expected quite a lot of downloads of the
> book.
>
> https://documentation.libreoffice.org
>
> Kind regards
>
> Olivier
>

> Em 31/07/2018 22:00, Jean Weber escreveu:
> > Writer 6.0 Guide published. ODTs and cover files are on ODFAuthors,
> except
> > for the full book ODT which is too large:
> >
> https://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/published-lo-6.0
> > PDFs and ODTs of full book and individual chapters are here:
> >
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Writer_Guide
> > Printed copy (for purchase) is here:
> >
> http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-60-writer-guide/23199200
> >
> > Feel free to find all my mistakes and let me know!
> >
> > Jean
> >

> --
> Olivier Hallot
> LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
> Comunidade LibreOffice
> Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
> http://tdf.io/joinus

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: Writer 6.0 Guide published

Hi Jean, All,

Em 03/08/2018 18:15, Jean Weber escreveu:
> The ODT files probably need to be "cleaned".
> Jean

I have "cleaned" and replaced the files in the Published folder of
ODFAuthors.

kind regards.

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Comunidade LibreOffice
http://tdf.io/joinus

jorge Rodríguez Fonseca jorge Rodríguez Fonseca

Re: Writer 6.0 Guide published

Hi Jean:

        Thank you very much,

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez

El mié, 01-08-2018 a las 11:00 +1000, Jean Weber escribió:

> Writer 6.0 Guide published. ODTs and cover files are on ODFAuthors,
> except
> for the full book ODT which is too large:
> https://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/published
> -lo-6.0
> PDFs and ODTs of full book and individual chapters are here:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreO
> ffice_Writer_Guide
> Printed copy (for purchase) is here:
> http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-60-writer-guid
> e/23199200
>
> Feel free to find all my mistakes and let me know!
>
> Jean

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Writer 6.0 Guide published

Congrats Jean and everyone else involved! Wonderful to have this
available from Lulu's. I will put my order in today!

Marc

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

Peter Maunder Peter Maunder

Re: Writer 6.0 Guide published

Writer 6.0 Guide published

Printed copy (for purchase) is here:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-60-writer-guide/23199200

I have ordered and today received my copy of the Writer Guide 6.0 which was
ordered
on the day of announcement and sent by ordinary post. We live out in the
west country
in England.

I keep a printed copy of all the LibreOffice publications from Lulu. I find
it useful to
help answer questions. Having printed copies of the books does show our
visitors that
LibreOffice is a 'serious' piece of software, good enough to write a book
with. A useful
marketing tool.

Thank you authors for your work. I find that each time I glance through the
manuals,
I learn or remind myself of something interesting and useful.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Documentation-f1645240.html

Le 03/08/2018 à 20:43, Jean-Francois Nifenecker a écrit :

> Order placed at Lulu's :)

Order received.

Juste a 1st comment about the cover: the title "Writer Guide" is way too
small wrt the big "6.0" underneath. I'd appreciate the title to be in a
bigger font size (and, perhaps, in bold) while the "6.0" should be
reduced a little.

My 2 €-cents.

Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 14/08/18 à 07:45 AM, Jean-Francois Nifenecker a écrit :

> Le 03/08/2018 à 20:43, Jean-Francois Nifenecker a écrit :
>>
>> Order placed at Lulu's :)
>
> Order received.
>
> Juste a 1st comment about the cover: the title "Writer Guide" is way
> too small wrt the big "6.0" underneath. I'd appreciate the title to be
> in a bigger font size (and, perhaps, in bold) while the "6.0" should
> be reduced a little.
>
> My 2 €-cents.
>

> Best regards,
I also got my copy of the "Writer Guide" today. I ordered it from Lulu's
on 06 August and received it on 15 August. I am in Waterloo, Canada.

Looks very professional and I also keep guides around to show people how
serious the community is about its product. Congrats to all!

I also agree with Jean-François re: the cover. Perhaps make sure that
all of the guide covers also follow the same format if the sizes are
readjusted?

Cheers,

Marc

--