Writer Tab Stops

Joe Joe

Writer Tab Stops

I have LibreOffice 7.0.3.1 running on Ubuntu 20.10 64-bit.

What happened to the former ability to right-click on the top ruler and
insert a tab stop?
If the feature still exists, where was it moved to and why?

Blessings, Joe

Richard England Richard England

Re: Writer Tab Stops

LO v7.0.3.1 on Fedora 33 and  right click on the ruler inserts a tab for me.

~~R
StGeorge

On 11/4/20 7:43 PM, Joe Conner wrote:

> I have LibreOffice 7.0.3.1 running on Ubuntu 20.10 64-bit.
>
> What happened to the former ability to right-click on the top ruler
> and insert a tab stop?
> If the feature still exists, where was it moved to and why?
>
> Blessings, Joe

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Writer Tab Stops

Hello,
Really interesting. For me (LO 7.0.2.2 on F32), a right-click in the
ruler brings up a menu allowing the selection of the measurement units
(or change the type of stop when I click directly on a tab stop), and I
always needed to  use left-click to insert a tab stop - never right-
click.
Rémy.
Le mercredi 04 novembre 2020 à 21:19 -0800, Richard England a écrit :

> LO v7.0.3.1 on Fedora 33 and  right click on the ruler inserts a tab for me.
>
> ~~R
> StGeorge
>

> On 11/4/20 7:43 PM, Joe Conner wrote:
> > I have LibreOffice 7.0.3.1 running on Ubuntu 20.10 64-bit.
> >
> > What happened to the former ability to right-click on the top ruler
> > and insert a tab stop?
> > If the feature still exists, where was it moved to and why?
> >
> > Blessings, Joe

Philip Jackson-2 Philip Jackson-2

Re: Writer Tab Stops

On 05/11/2020 06:19, Richard England wrote:
> LO v7.0.3.1 on Fedora 33 and  right click on the ruler inserts a tab for me.
>
> On 11/4/20 7:43 PM, Joe Conner wrote:
>> I have LibreOffice 7.0.3.1 running on Ubuntu 20.10 64-bit.
>>
>> What happened to the former ability to right-click on the top ruler and insert a tab stop?
>> If the feature still exists, where was it moved to and why

Strange - I have LO 6.4.6.2 on UbuntuStudio and 7.0.2.2 on Windows10 and in Writer on both of them, a right click on the top ruler produces a drop down for options on ruler units (mm, cm, inches, etc).

On both of my installations, there is a small tab emblem at the extreme left end of the ruler bar. Left clicking on that emblem cycles it thro the various types of tab (left, right center ...). When you have the one you need, a simple left click at your selected point on the ruler places that tab type where you want it.

Philip

Richard England Richard England

Re: Writer Tab Stops

Argh, Left, Right,   Indeed,as others have said, LEFT click INSERTS tab
and RIGHT click adjusts the tab SPACING

My bad. This is they way I recall doing this before.

~~R
StGeorge