Writer display problem in LO 6.4.6.2 on Linux Mint 20/Cinnamon V4.6.7

Rogier F. van Vlissingen Rogier F. van Vlissingen

Writer display problem in LO 6.4.6.2 on Linux Mint 20/Cinnamon V4.6.7

This problem happens in Writer, but not in Calc, so it is limited to the
module.

I must have done something, for this suddenly started happening.

I can display a page either full screen, or minimize it completely, so it
disappears off the page entirely. In other words, Minimize is now not a
partial screen, but it is in effect parking it off screen, where I can
maximize it again from the Writer icon on the task bar.

Ergo what is lost is the ability to reduce the window to a partial screen -
if I try, it becomes a postage stamp and my only option is to maximize it
to full screen again.
<http://rogierfentenervanvlissingen.me?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>
Rogier Fentener van Vlissingen <http://rogierfentenervanvlissingen.me>

<http://rogierfentenervanvlissingen.me?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>

Roderick Anderson Roderick Anderson

Re: Writer display problem in LO 6.4.6.2 on Linux Mint 20/Cinnamon V4.6.7

On 11/24/20 2:54 PM, Rogier F. van Vlissingen wrote:

> This problem happens in Writer, but not in Calc, so it is limited to the
> module.
>
> I must have done something, for this suddenly started happening.
>
> I can display a page either full screen, or minimize it completely, so it
> disappears off the page entirely. In other words, Minimize is now not a
> partial screen, but it is in effect parking it off screen, where I can
> maximize it again from the Writer icon on the task bar.
>
> Ergo what is lost is the ability to reduce the window to a partial screen -
> if I try, it becomes a postage stamp and my only option is to maximize it
> to full screen again.

Minimize it to the postage stamp size then grab a corner and drag it up
in size.  Might have to grab a 'corner' multiple times.

This happens to me every so often and I can't figure out what causes it.

\\||/
Rod

aguador aguador

El mar, 24-11-2020 a las 15:57 -0800, Roderick Anderson escribió:

> On 11/24/20 2:54 PM, Rogier F. van Vlissingen wrote:
> > This problem happens in Writer, but not in Calc, so it is limited
> > to the
> > module.
> >
> > I must have done something, for this suddenly started happening.
> >
> > I can display a page either full screen, or minimize it completely,
> > so it
> > disappears off the page entirely. In other words, Minimize is now
> > not a
> > partial screen, but it is in effect parking it off screen, where I
> > can
> > maximize it again from the Writer icon on the task bar.
> >
> > Ergo what is lost is the ability to reduce the window to a partial
> > screen -
> > if I try, it becomes a postage stamp and my only option is to
> > maximize it
> > to full screen again.
>
> Minimize it to the postage stamp size then grab a corner and drag it
> up
> in size.  Might have to grab a 'corner' multiple times.
>
> This happens to me every so often and I can't figure out what causes
> it.
>

> \\||/
> Rod
> --

You do not say what OS-DE combination you are using. This happened to
me the other day, but Enlightenment provides a right-click menu from
the icon on the ask bar to access resizing with the keyboard. I suspect
other Linux (at least) DEs have something similar. A lifesaver when the
window drops down to less than postage stamp size!

Roy