Writer - selecting all items...

zed zed

Writer - selecting all items...

In most Linux programs, holding down the Ctrl key and pressing A selects all
items but this does not appear to work in Writer.  Am I missing something?
I have looked in Help but cannot find anything to assist.

Can someone lead me in the right direction, please?

David
--
David Love
Use what talent you possess. The woods would be very silent if no birds sang

Tom Tom

Re: Writer - selecting all items...

Hi :)
Ctrl A
usually works.  Have you selected 1 things and then pressed Ctrl A to select all the rest?

Is this related to the other question?  If you have loads of shapes and text-boxes and things it might be better to copy&Paste those into a Draw document to do all this sort of thing

steveedmonds steveedmonds

On 12/08/13 10:54 AM, David Love wrote:
> In most Linux programs, holding down the Ctrl key and pressing A selects all
> items but this does not appear to work in Writer.  Am I missing something?
> I have looked in Help but cannot find anything to assist.
>
> Can someone lead me in the right direction, please?
>
> David
I think this is working for me. When you click on the edit menu item it
should show the shortcut for select all.
Steve

timllloyd timllloyd

Re: Writer - selecting all items...

Working for me - Fedora 19. LO4.1

zed zed

Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi :) Ctrl A usually works.  Have you selected 1 things and then pressed
> Ctrl A to select all the rest?

But doesn't in this case. Yes, have tried by selecting single frame and then
pressing Ctrl A to select all the others.  Same result - doesn't select the
remainder.

> Is this related to the other question?  If you have loads of shapes and
> text-boxes and things it might be better to copy&Paste those into a Draw
> document to do all this sort of thing Regards from Tom :)

If you mean the one about Grouping, then Yes.

Did as you suggested but ran into some difficulties.  Only the first two
lines of each text frame (total 2) were pasted into Draw (although the frame
was the correct size.

Then created the whole item in Draw.  That was successful.  Copied and
pasted to Write and found that I couldn't then enter a frame into which I
can insert a database field.

This is all tied up with my previous posting seeking advice regarding
sequential numbering of tickets.

What I'm trying to do is avoid the necessity of having to create the number
of tickets I need and typing the number on each one.  At 100 - 150 tickets
that is very laborious :-(

David
--
David Love
Not a morning person' doesn't even BEGIN to cover it..."

On 12/08/13 12:43 PM, David Love wrote:

> Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi :) Ctrl A usually works.  Have you selected 1 things and then pressed
>> Ctrl A to select all the rest?
> But doesn't in this case. Yes, have tried by selecting single frame and then
> pressing Ctrl A to select all the others.  Same result - doesn't select the
> remainder.
>
>> Is this related to the other question?  If you have loads of shapes and
>> text-boxes and things it might be better to copy&Paste those into a Draw
>> document to do all this sort of thing Regards from Tom :)
> If you mean the one about Grouping, then Yes.
>
> Did as you suggested but ran into some difficulties.  Only the first two
> lines of each text frame (total 2) were pasted into Draw (although the frame
> was the correct size.
>
> Then created the whole item in Draw.  That was successful.  Copied and
> pasted to Write and found that I couldn't then enter a frame into which I
> can insert a database field.
>
> This is all tied up with my previous posting seeking advice regarding
> sequential numbering of tickets.
>
> What I'm trying to do is avoid the necessity of having to create the number
> of tickets I need and typing the number on each one.  At 100 - 150 tickets
> that is very laborious :-(
>
> David
I am not sure of the need for grouping objects, is it to copy and paste.
You could create a frame for a ticket, 1/4 your page. Inside that have
other text and frames. You can then copy the container ticket frame and
paste to duplicate 4 times on your page.
Steve