Writer will not print envelopes

williamdrescher williamdrescher

Writer will not print envelopes

Win10
Version: 6.2.8.2 (x64)
Build ID: f82ddfca21ebc1e222a662a32b25c0c9d20169ee

I insert an envelope into a document.  When I then print the document the
first page (the envelope) prints as a blank page.  The rest of the document
prints just fine.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

bill

John Kaufmann John Kaufmann

Re: Writer will not print envelopes

On 2020-01-31 05:36, williamdrescher wrote:> Win10
> Version: 6.2.8.2 (x64)
> Build ID: f82ddfca21ebc1e222a662a32b25c0c9d20169ee
>
> I insert an envelope into a document.  When I then print the document the
> first page (the envelope) prints as a blank page.  The rest of the document
> prints just fine.
>
> Any suggestions or thoughts?

What is the printer? How does the print preview look?

williamdrescher williamdrescher

Re: Writer will not print envelopes

Printer is a Brother MFC-780W.
Print preview is correct.

I usually feed the envelope manually, but feeding a whole page (checking for
the possibility of print outside of the envelope) produces the same result:
nothing printed.

On 2020-02-05 12:33, williamdrescher wrote:

>>> Version: 6.2.8.2 (x64)
>>> Build ID: f82ddfca21ebc1e222a662a32b25c0c9d20169ee
>>>
>>> I insert an envelope into a document.  When I then print the document the
>>> first page (the envelope) prints as a blank page.  The rest of the document
>>> prints just fine.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions or thoughts?
>>
>> What is the printer? How does the print preview look?
>
> Printer is a Brother MFC-780W.
> Print preview is correct.
>
> I usually feed the envelope manually, but feeding a whole page (checking for
> the possibility of print outside of the envelope) produces the same result:
> nothing printed.

Just tried on both my printers (HP LaserJet 2200DN and KM bizhub C386); neither has that problem, so it may be something specific to your Brother MFC. Otherwise, have you considered trying version 6.3.4.2(x64)?

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Writer will not print envelopes

Le 05/02/2020 à 18:33, williamdrescher a écrit :

Hi William,

There are a longstanding number of issues with some Brother printers,
regularly reported on bugzilla.

See for example:

bug 51132, comment 3
bug 51132, comment 6
bug 51132, comment 13

bug 52926
bug 52926, comment 9
bug 52926, comment 17
bug 52926, comment 18

bug 77277
bug 77277, comment 21
bug 77277, comment 24
bug 77277, comment 29

bug 75449

bug 106931, comment 8

From what I can tell, most of these are still unresolved.

Alex

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Re: Writer will not print envelopes

Long shot.

 1. There is a possibility that printer dimension don't actually match
    the definition of envelope. This might causing 1 page print on 2
    page envelope. This might result in 1st page blank and 2nd page with
    address do to width incorrectly defined. Does "Print Preview" show 1
    or 2 pages for envelope?
 2. Go to <File><Print>, "Options" tab to try "Use only paper size from
    printer preference".
 3. Check "Properties" for your Brother printer and see if there is an
    option for "Other Pages" and that it is set correctly.

By the way, I noticed you did not mention what operating system you are
using.

Hope this helps.