Wrning Message

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Wrning Message

Untitled.tiff

I keep getting this message when loading a blank Libre Office Spreadsheet.
I am using a Mac 10.8 and Libre Office 3.6

Tink.
Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Warning Message

Sorry. I uploaded a screen shot and it has not worked.

Tink.
Jay Lozier Jay Lozier

Re: Wrning Message

On 08/25/2012 11:26 AM, Tinkerer wrote:

> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4003584/Untitled.tiff
> Untitled.tiff
>
> I keep getting this message when loading a blank Libre Office Spreadsheet.
> I am using a Mac 10.8 and Libre Office 3.6
>
> Tink.

I have not seen this error with LO 3.6 on Ubuntu 12.04 but it seems to
indicate a corrupt setting/file/template in the users folder. I would
try renaming the current user folder and see if LO automatically
recreates the folder with out the problem.

--
Jay Lozier

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Warning Message

Trying to find my User folder, I find that the whole of the Mac User Library is missing.
A search for the folder, or any folder known to be within that folder, draws a blank.
Looking back in Time Machine I can see I have been without it since August 23rd, two days.
I tried to Restore it, but failed, as some form of Synchronization was in progress.
Now I am at a loss.

Tink.
Nino Nino

Re: Warning Message

Am 25.08.2012 21:06 schrieb Tinkerer:
> Trying to find my User folder, I find that the whole of the Mac User Library
> is missing.
> A search for the folder, or any folder known to be within that folder, draws
> a blank.
> Looking back in Time Machine I can see I have been without it since August
> 23rd, two days.
> I tried to Restore it, but failed, as some form of Synchronization was in
> progress.
> Now I am at a loss.

In normal ;-) OSes when you restart LO without a user folder, LO will create a
new one. I don't know however, how this is handled in a MAC environment. Maybe
there is a permissions problem?

Nino

Nino Nino

Re: Warning Message

Am 25.08.2012 21:06 schrieb Tinkerer:
> Trying to find my User folder, I find that the whole of the Mac User Library
> is missing.
> A search for the folder, or any folder known to be within that folder, draws
> a blank.
> Looking back in Time Machine I can see I have been without it since August
> 23rd, two days.
> I tried to Restore it, but failed, as some form of Synchronization was in
> progress.
> Now I am at a loss.

In normal ;-) OSes when you restart LO without a user folder, LO will create a
new one. I don't know however, how this is handled in a MAC environment. Maybe
there is a permissions problem?

Nino

Larry Gusaas Larry Gusaas

Re: Warning Message

On 2012-08-25 1:06 PM Tinkerer wrote:
> Trying to find my User folder, I find that the whole of the Mac User Library
> is missing.

The User/Library is hidden in OS X version 10.7.xx (Lion). The user/library can be accessed in
finder by holding down the option key an clicking on Go on the menubar. Then select the user
library.
This is one of nineteen ways to see the user library. See:
http://www.macworld.com/article/1161156/view_library_folder_in_lion.html

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Warning Message

Larry

I have my Library now, for which Many Thanks.
About the script error.
The script referred to is nowhere in the 3 folder and deleting  the Library/App.Support/Libre file has not solved it.
In every other respect the  Beta works.
I will just wait for the next update. That usually cures these little niggles.

Tink
Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Warning Message

Larry

I have downloaded Lbre 3.6.1.2 and it has the same fault.
I have found the missing script. Not in Library/Application Support.
It is here:  LibreOffice.App/Contents/Share/basic/ScriptBindingLibrary/Script xlb

Either it is in the wrong place or the App is not pointing to it.
Would you agree?

Tink
Larry Gusaas Larry Gusaas

Re: Warning Message

On 2012-08-27 11:07 AM Tinkerer wrote:

> Larry
>
> I have downloaded Lbre 3.6.1.2 and it has the same fault.
> I have found the missing script. Not in Library/Application Support.
> It is here:
> LibreOffice.App/Contents/Share/basic/ScriptBindingLibrary/Script xlb
>
> Either it is in the wrong place or the App is not pointing to it.
> Would you agree?
>
> Tink

I don't agree. That is a different file. There are tons of files named script.xlb in different
locations. They all have different content.

I have script.xlb in the ~/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice/3/user/basic/Standard folder
on my computer.

Try renaming your user profile in order to create a new one. As an experiment I did that and
there is a script.xlb in the ~/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice/3/user/basic/Standard
folder.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Warning Message

Larry

I have tried renaming the the User profile without success.
I have just tried renaming it again and the file is identical to the previous file.
I looked in Standard and it is empty.
Thanks for telling me what does what and where to look.

Tink.