a question about libreoffice writer:

zahra a zahra a

a question about libreoffice writer:

hello every one.
my sister wrote one document in microsoft word.
i offered her libreoffice and encouraged her to use it.
when she opened the document with libreoffice writer, she told that
before of many words - is added to her document while openning with
libreoffice writer!
she did not add - to her documents and she did not want this unwanted
changes for it.
could you please help her to solve this problem?
thanks for your help and god bless you all.

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Piet van Oostrum-2 Piet van Oostrum-2

Re: a question about libreoffice writer:

nasrin khaksar wrote:

 > hello every one.
 > my sister wrote one document in microsoft word.
 > i offered her libreoffice and encouraged her to use it.
 > when she opened the document with libreoffice writer, she told that
 > before of many words - is added to her document while openning with
 > libreoffice writer!
 > she did not add - to her documents and she did not want this unwanted
 > changes for it.
 > could you please help her to solve this problem?
 > thanks for your help and god bless you all.

I am afraid that will be difficult without you giving more details. Maybe it has to do with the language and/or script in which the document was written?
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/

Robert Funnell Robert Funnell

On Mon, 30 May 2016, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> nasrin khaksar wrote:
>
> > hello every one.
> > my sister wrote one document in microsoft word.
> > i offered her libreoffice and encouraged her to use it.
> > when she opened the document with libreoffice writer, she told that
> > before of many words - is added to her document while openning with
> > libreoffice writer!
> > she did not add - to her documents and she did not want this unwanted
> > changes for it.
> > could you please help her to solve this problem?
> > thanks for your help and god bless you all.
>
> I am afraid that will be difficult without you giving more details. Maybe it has to do with the language and/or script in which the document was written?

I agree that more details are required. Could you perhaps copy and
paste a few words into your e-mail message from both the original MS
Word document and the resulting LO Writer document?

TomD TomD

Re: a question about libreoffice writer:

Hi :)
Is it possible to copy a small part of the document as it would appear in Word and how it appears in Writer so we can see the difference?  If the document is not confidential then uploading it to Nabble (using the "More" button to get a drop-down menu and use the top item "Upload a file") might help.  Nabble injects an html link directly into the message window so that people can choose to click on that link if they want to see the file.  Other file-sharing Cloud storage are also good but using them means you have to copy&paste the link to the file into the message yourself.

Word is a bit weird with it's formatting and hidden coding.  It doesn't help that each version of MS Office uses a slightly different file-format, which makes it difficult for MS Office users to share files sometimes.

I usually try to open Word files in the same version of Word (if i can) and then use copy & "paste as text" or copy&paste into a text-editor and then from there copy&paste again into Writer.  Using keyboard short-cuts that is; -

In Word;
Ctrl a   =  to select all
Ctrl c  = to copy selection to the clipboard

Then in Writer;
Shift Ctrl c  =  to "paste special", which has about 3 options including "paste as unformatted text"

Robert Funnell wrote
On Mon, 30 May 2016, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

> nasrin khaksar wrote:
>
> > hello every one.

<:snip />