admin meeting July 26-28

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

admin meeting July 26-28

Hello,

as you may have seen, we plan to host a dedicated LibreOffice admin
meeting in Linuxhotel Essen. The date has now been set to

        July 26 - 28

In case you would like to participate - we are open for new volunteers
who'd like to join our group - please get back to me as soon as
possible, as I have to do the final reservation soon, approximately on
Wednesday.

The hotel and travel will be covered by TDF. For those living far away
from Essen, we will organize an IRC session or Google Hangout for one or
two hours.

Looking forward to your participation!
Florian

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

I am in but online. will you let us know the exact times and days of said
online meetings?

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Florian Effenberger <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as you may have seen, we plan to host a dedicated LibreOffice admin
> meeting in Linuxhotel Essen. The date has now been set to
>
>         July 26 - 28
>
> In case you would like to participate - we are open for new volunteers
> who'd like to join our group - please get back to me as soon as possible,
> as I have to do the final reservation soon, approximately on Wednesday.
>
> The hotel and travel will be covered by TDF. For those living far away
> from Essen, we will organize an IRC session or Google Hangout for one or
> two hours.
>
> Looking forward to your participation!
> Florian

Jonathan Aquilina

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

Hi,

Jonathan Aquilina wrote on 2013-05-27 15:08:
> I am in but online. will you let us know the exact times and days of
> said online meetings?

no, I will keep them a secret, and you have to find out on your own.
SCNR. ;-)

Of course, I will publish this before, hoping people can join!

Florian

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

Looking forward to it :) hope to get more involved :)

--
Jonathan Aquilina

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

I am in too. Also, I will be online. I too would like to involve myself further since for this time I've taken a step back.

Jean Spiteri wrote on 2013-05-28 17:12:
> I am in too. Also, I will be online. I too would like to involve myself
> further since for this time I've taken a step back.

that's good news to have you in the call during the meeting! :-) Or did
you mean you will join onsite?

I'll post details on how to connect before - I think we either use
Google Hangouts (my preference) or Skype, backed by IRC.

Florian

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

I will join online. Preferable IRC but Google Hangouts might work as well. Please don't use Skype.

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

Sounds good - I also tend to use Hangouts and/or IRC

Jean Spiteri wrote on 2013-05-29 16:36:
> I will join online. Preferable IRC but Google Hangouts might work as well.
> Please don't use Skype.

Mas/_gemini Mas/_gemini

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Florian Effenberger <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good - I also tend to use Hangouts and/or IRC
>
> Jean Spiteri wrote on 2013-05-29 16:36:
>
>  I will join online. Preferable IRC but Google Hangouts might work as well.
>> Please don't use Skype.
>>

> --
I prefer Google Hangout if possible.
--
Mas

Mas/_gemini Mas/_gemini

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Mas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Florian Effenberger <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Sounds good - I also tend to use Hangouts and/or IRC
>>
>> Jean Spiteri wrote on 2013-05-29 16:36:
>>
>>  I will join online. Preferable IRC but Google Hangouts might work as
>>> well.
>>> Please don't use Skype.
>>>

>> --
> I prefer Google Hangout if possible.
> --
> Mas

Actually we may need to really compare Skype and Google Hangout.  Google
has a limit of 10 . Is there a head count yet ?

Mas

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

About 10 people onsite, don't know how many remotely - currently
expecting 2-4

Mas wrote on 2013-05-29 17:38:
> Actually we may need to really compare Skype and Google Hangout.  Google
> has a limit of 10 . Is there a head count yet ?

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Florian Effenberger <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> About 10 people onsite, don't know how many remotely - currently expecting
> 2-4
>
> Mas wrote on 2013-05-29 17:38:
>
>  Actually we may need to really compare Skype and Google Hangout.  Google
>> has a limit of 10 . Is there a head count yet ?

If the number of people increases is a video based solution necessary such
as hangout? I can check with a friend to see if we could use his teamspeak
server that way all anyone would need is a mic if we get more then 10
people that express interest online.

Jonathan Aquilina

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

Στις 30/05/2013 07:22 πμ, ο/η Jonathan Aquilina έγραψε:

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Florian Effenberger <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> About 10 people onsite, don't know how many remotely - currently expecting
>> 2-4
>>
>> Mas wrote on 2013-05-29 17:38:
>>
>>   Actually we may need to really compare Skype and Google Hangout.  Google
>>> has a limit of 10 . Is there a head count yet ?
>>
> If the number of people increases is a video based solution necessary such
> as hangout? I can check with a friend to see if we could use his teamspeak
> server that way all anyone would need is a mic if we get more then 10
> people that express interest online.
>
> Regards
Have a nice day,
I'm not involved to admin team but I think, I have the solution about
the meeting.

I think when the number of people is increase for team meeting, the one
of the best way is http://www.bigbluebutton.org/
Before the  July 26-28, the server need be setup and test how is working,

The http://www.bigbluebutton.org/  is Free Software with GNU Lesser
General Public License <http://www.bigbluebutton.org/open-source-license/>

P.S. I think is the best way to make admin's/members/presentations meetings.

Best Regards.

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt . , .pptx
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://el.libreoffice.org/
Save you money   &  use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

> Have a nice day,
>
> I'm not involved to admin team but I think, I have the solution about the
> meeting.
>
> I think when the number of people is increase for team meeting, the one of
> the best way is http://www.bigbluebutton.org/
> Before the  July 26-28, the server need be setup and test how is working,
>
> The http://www.bigbluebutton.org/  is Free Software with  GNU Lesser
> General Public License <http://www.bigbluebutton.org/open-source-license/>
>
> P.S. I think is the best way to make admin's/members/presentations
> meetings.
>
> Best Regards.

If Florian would like me to test this out i have a vps i can set it up on
and test it. Before as well as during the admin meeting :)

Jonathan Aquilina

Jonathan Aquilina wrote on 2013-05-30 06:22:

> If the number of people increases is a video based solution necessary such
> as hangout? I can check with a friend to see if we could use his teamspeak
> server that way all anyone would need is a mic if we get more then 10
> people that express interest online.

thanks for that! At the moment, we do have about 3 people joining
remotely - if it stays that way, let's keep it simple and use Google
Hangouts. If more people want to join over time, let's re-evaluate.

Florian

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Florian Effenberger <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jonathan Aquilina wrote on 2013-05-30 06:22:
>
>  If the number of people increases is a video based solution necessary such
>> as hangout? I can check with a friend to see if we could use his teamspeak
>> server that way all anyone would need is a mic if we get more then 10
>> people that express interest online.
>>

> thanks for that! At the moment, we do have about 3 people joining remotely
> - if it stays that way, let's keep it simple and use Google Hangouts. If
> more people want to join over time, let's re-evaluate.

Sound like a plan

--
Jonathan Aquilina

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

I agree. Also, if there is 11, I'm ready to follow the meeting through IRC.
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: admin meeting July 26-28

We'll find a solution to get everyone in - we're the infra team, after
all :-)