auto-complete font style

nabbler nabbler

auto-complete font style

Readers,

Is it possible to configure LO writer auto-complete function such that
the font style is maintained?

For example, the word 'explanation'. If the caps-lock is activated,
the auto-complete offers to complete word in lower case:

EXPLAnation

It would be better if the auto-complete function maintained the same
font-style when completing a word.

Is this a legitimate feature request?

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: auto-complete font style

e-letter wrote:

> Readers,
>
> Is it possible to configure LO writer auto-complete function such that
> the font style is maintained?
>
> For example, the word 'explanation'. If the caps-lock is activated,
> the auto-complete offers to complete word in lower case:
>
> EXPLAnation
>
> It would be better if the auto-complete function maintained the same
> font-style when completing a word.
>
> Is this a legitimate feature request?

      It already does this. For example, in a document I use both select and SELECT. [I
have set the minimum word length to 6.] When I type SEL, it offers to complete it as
SELECT. When I type sel, it offers to complete it as select. It does these two things
because I have used both words in the document before.
      My settings in Tools > AutoCompletion Options > Word Completion tab: Enable word
completion checked, Show as tip checked, Collect words checked, "When closing a document
..." checked, Min. word length 6, and Max entries at 1000.
      The key may be that you have to have an entry in this list with the proper case
before it will suggest it.
      I tested this using LO 3.4.6 and 3.5.5 on Ubuntu 12.04. LO downloaded from the the LO
website.

--Dan

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: auto-complete font style

       Should this work in MSFT Windows? - if so, could you please explain;
           it's frustrating to have to exit out of that box, erase the
erroneous letters it placed in the document, then start again ...

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:02 AM, Dan <[hidden email]> wrote:

e-letter wrote:

>> Readers,
>>
>> Is it possible to configure LO writer auto-complete function such that
>> the font style is maintained?
>>
>> For example, the word 'explanation'. If the caps-lock is activated,
>> the auto-complete offers to complete word in lower case:
>>
>> EXPLAnation
>>
>> It would be better if the auto-complete function maintained the same
>> font-style when completing a word.
>>
>> Is this a legitimate feature request?
>>

>      It already does this. For example, in a document I use both select
> and SELECT. [I have set the minimum word length to 6.] When I type SEL, it
> offers to complete it as SELECT. When I type sel, it offers to complete it
> as select. It does these two things because I have used both words in the
> document before.
>      My settings in Tools > AutoCompletion Options > Word Completion tab:
> Enable word completion checked, Show as tip checked, Collect words checked,
> "When closing a document ..." checked, Min. word length 6, and Max entries
> at 1000.
>      The key may be that you have to have an entry in this list with the
> proper case before it will suggest it.
>      I tested this using LO 3.4.6 and 3.5.5 on Ubuntu 12.04. LO downloaded
> from the the LO website.
>
> --Dan

Walther Koehler Walther Koehler

Re: auto-text menu

Hallo List,

using autotext extensively, I found that replacing an item is rather slow. One
has to search the item to be replaced by mouse or repeated key strokes.
It would be easier, to type the name or shortcut and have the item to be
replaced marked in the list of exiting items.

Find always the correct keystrokes today

Walther