autogen: missing graphviz dependency?

paolobenve paolobenve

autogen: missing graphviz dependency?

Hi!

running make on libreoffice code I got errors complaining a missing dot program. I could know from the web that debian/ubuntu graphviz package install that executable.

Perhaps a check on that app is missing in autogen?

Best regards!

Paolo

Noel Grandin-2 Noel Grandin-2

Re: autogen: missing graphviz dependency?

use --disable-doxygen​

Michael Stahl-2 Michael Stahl-2

On 04.11.2017 21:51, Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
> running make on libreoffice code I got errors complaining a missing dot
> program. I could know from the web that debian/ubuntu graphviz package
> install that executable.
>
> Perhaps a check on that app is missing in autogen?

sounds plausible; the CI results are that 3 out of 4 builders have
doxygen but not dot, but apparently it hasn't been a problem before?

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/44408/

not sure what to make of this...

sberg sberg

On 11/07/2017 09:51 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:

> On 04.11.2017 21:51, Paolo Benvenuto wrote:
>> running make on libreoffice code I got errors complaining a missing dot
>> program. I could know from the web that debian/ubuntu graphviz package
>> install that executable.
>>
>> Perhaps a check on that app is missing in autogen?
>
> sounds plausible; the CI results are that 3 out of 4 builders have
> doxygen but not dot, but apparently it hasn't been a problem before?
>
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/44408/
>
> not sure what to make of this...

I happen to know that I successfully built LO with doxygen but without
dot all the time (because I only yesterday discovered that I didn't have
dot installed when I needed it for kcachegrind).

Paolo, what is your exact 'make' command line and the exact output
showing the failure?
Rene Engelhard Rene Engelhard

Re: autogen: missing graphviz dependency?

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 08:24:40AM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> I happen to know that I successfully built LO with doxygen but without dot
> all the time (because I only yesterday discovered that I didn't have dot
> installed when I needed it for kcachegrind).
>
> Paolo, what is your exact 'make' command line and the exact output showing
> the failure?

doxygen can use dot, depending on system settings or HAVE_DOT in the Doxyfile.
And if that is on, it complains when dot is not present.

Debians doxygen e.g. ha(s/d) it on per default causing those warnings, thus
my local https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-openoffice/libreoffice.git/tree/patches/odk-no-dot.diff.

Regards,

Rene